Thread: How to view the Product keys of Windows 7?

How to view the Product keys of Windows 7?

Hi there, I have an issue that i am unable to solve. I am running Windows 7 operating system for my desktop computer system but the problem is that because of some virus reason i have to reinstall the Windows 7, As i have the original CD of the same with which i want to install the same but i forgot to keep the product key of the OS. and now need that to reinstall the genuine Windows 7. So tell me How to view the Product keys of Windows 7?. Any help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to view the Product keys of Windows 7?

Hey it is very easy to find the product key of the Windows 7. All you have to do is just follow the simple step that will take you to the Product key of the Windows 7. Right click on the My Computer icon and go to the properties it will take some time to appear after that all the detail of the system is displayed on the bottom of the window you will find the Product key near the Change product key link. So copy the same and reinstall the Windows 7 with the help of the same serial key. Say thanks if you like the same.

Dr. V Guest

There are lots of the tools available for the finding key of the operating system. On all those i am using one for me which is known as the Windows NT Product Key Finder utility. All you have to do is just download it and unzip the downloaded file because it is downloaded in zip format. Now Double click on the NTKeyFider this will display a windows showing the Show product key button on it. Just click on the button and it will display the product key of the same. I hope you will like it. Bye

The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware open source utility that retrieves your Product Key (cd key) used to install Windows from your registry. It allows you to print or save your keys for safekeeping. It works on Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008, Office XP, Office 2003, and Office 2007 family of products. It also has a community-updated configuration file that retrieves product keys for many other applications. Another feature is the ability to retrieve product keys from unbootable Windows installations.. You can get it on the link given below.
    Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder

Hey if you have Original CD then i think you have registered yourself with the Microsoft so do one thing login with the hotmail or the live id on the Microsoft site where you have registered yourself and ask for the product key. This is the official and better way to get the key. So try this out and see that this is working or not. Thank you

Thanks to all for there support regarding the product key issue. now i can reinstall my Windows 7 with the CD. I like the first idea better. SO thanks again for your co-operation. Bye

Hi its sahil........ please tell me activation key for windows 7 ultimate.......
    my pack is a 30 days trial..............

Quote Originally Posted by Sahil Takshak View Post
    Hi its sahil........ please tell me activation key for windows 7 ultimate.......
    my pack is a 30 days trial..............
    For activation key of windows 7, you need to purchase a legal windows 7 copy from the Microsoft ........