Thread: How to make bootable backup in windows 7

How to make bootable backup in windows 7

Hi all I own a compaq presario c700 notebook PC. recently i have upgraded my system from windows vista to windows 7. Now i am thinking of making a bootable back up for my notebook with windows 7. please tell me how to make bootable backup in windows 7 because i am really in need of it since my system contains some very important data which i don't want to loose at any cost?

Re: How to make bootable backup in windows 7

To make bootable bakup you need a software called as MagicISO Maker. Using which you can make a bootable backup. The magic ISO Maker is a CD/DVD-image-file editor, you can also burn CD as well as DVD it is also a CD/DVD-backup tool. You can also create extract, edit and burn iso files. To download this just click on the link below.
    MagicISO Maker

You should have purchased the Windows 7 with the option to download an ISO file or compressed files. Use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool 1.0.24.0 this allows you to create a copy of Windows 7 ISO file on a USB flash drive or DVD. All you need is a USB flash drive just insert it into a USB port and run Setup.exe from the root folder.This must solve your problem
    Last edited by ThoMas321; 16-01-2010 at 09:09 PM.

Hi i have used the MagicISO Maker which is really a wonderful software it not only helps you to make a bootable disk but also burn CD as well as DVD. Also can you specify that did you get the recovery discs from the laptop manufacturer. Please specify these in your further replies. Since its better to have it before you test it.

I think you must use the versions 9 and 10 of the home edition. It works nicely although it is not freely available. You will have to make a clone of the image of all the partitions present on the drive. You can make a bootable disk which will run the basic software backups and the restore functions. you may find this software online.

You can achieve this by downloading R-Drive Image 4.6 . The image file contains exact, byte by byte copy of a hard drive you can create a partition or back ups at different compression levels. So its up to you that you can download the file and make the bootable backup. i hope that this will solve your issue.