Thread: How to re register product key

How to re register product key

I am having an acer aspire laptop which was installed with windows vista 64 bit. But last week i upgraded it with free Windows 7 Upgrade Kit, But to my surprise it started to ask me to re - register the product key. I don't know why it is asking to re register also tell me how can i re-register my product key again.

Re: How to re register product key

I am not aware that microsoft has launched something which is known as free upgrade kit. If you are asking about that so please note that such acts acts considered as illegitimate act. So i would advise you to forget that and try to purchase a new copy of the windows 7 and then install this copy using the product key.

Actually speaking i could not get what do you mean. have you received an upgrade from the manufacturer for your system. Because i know that there was an upgrade which was available freely for the people who purchased computers after the month of July . Else All other free upgrade kit are considered as illegitimate acts.

Most probably this must be happening due to the security issue of the microsoft's operating systems. I think you need to do the activation so follow the steps below:

* Click Start Menu
    * Right-click My Computer .
    * Then Select Properties.
    * You will see an option Activate Windows at the bottom of this window click it
    Enter the product key this will definitely solve your issue.

Dr. V Guest

Each microsoft product has a different way of to start the Product Activation Wizard. I think your online activation has failed (i don't know why) but then you will have to activate it by the means of telephone. For this you need to select the Activate by Telephone option in the activation wizard. Then follow the instructions and your problem will be solved.

You are facing this problem since you have upgraded your system eith the windows 7 upgradation kit. I think that you have purchased the copy of your windows Vista after the month of july. Hence you have got the free windows7 upgradation kit. I have mentioned the steps below using which you can re register your operating system. just keep the activation key ready and follow the steps below.

• Click the Start Menu
    • Right-click Computer.
    • Select Properties.
    • At the bottom you will see a Activate Windows now option just click that follow the instructions and enter the product key and the rest is done.