Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-01-2010

Test windows 7 on virtualization

Windows 7 is the new version of Windows which is a hot topic in the market. If I want to test the operating system then the way is to test the same by installing a demo version of the same. How to do that and what is needed. What is virtualization of windows 7. What this states.
Old 15-01-2010

Re: Test windows 7 on virtualization

If you want to test Windows Seven without having to format your computer, please test the virtualization system. It is a very practical solution that allows to have an operating system on his machine as if it were an application. The main drawback of virtualization is resource consumption. Indeed it is a pretty good machine with enough disk space to have a proper virtualization.
Old 15-01-2010

A virtualized operating system simply uses at least 3 to 4 GB of disk space and 512 MB of RAM. For easy configuration just increase the RAM, disk space increases with what is installed on the system. I am proposing today a tutorial installation to set up a virtualized operating system, in this case Windows Seven. For this example I use Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 available for free download on the Microsoft site and Windows 7 beta download here in x86 version.
Old 15-01-2010

virtualization simply means to install your operating system on a virtual partition on the internet and access the same via www. But this need some high level of technical expertise. It is not possible to install the same just by the disc. The best way is to get a demo software of the operating system and use it.
Old 15-01-2010

Yes it is right. You can use Windows 7 without installing the same. But that is the virtual version of operating system. I can give a best example of it. Like for example you can use office 2007 on Microsoft site without installing it. This needs a good internet connection and some flash plugin. Try this out.
Old 15-01-2010

Virtualization needs special software to work with. It is like to create a virtual partition online. But the virtual partition consumes a prescribed amount of disk space. As mentioned on the above reply you can see the same on Windows site. You can use the office 2007 operating system online with all the features.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,