Thread: How to disable “This device can perform faster” balloon in Windows 7?

How to disable “This device can perform faster” balloon in Windows 7?

Hey, I am using the Windows 7 operating system for my daily and personal use and like the performance of the same, but there is one thing that is frustrating every time when i connect a USB or the MP3 at that time i get the message balloon like “This device can perform faster”. So tell me how to disable “This device can perform faster” balloon in Windows 7 and get rid of this irritating message.

Re: How to disable “This device can perform faster” balloon in Windows 7?

Hey this is very easy and can be accessible with the same balloonn. Next time when you see that Balloon at that time just click on that. This will take you to the This device can perform faster window, there you will see lots of USB port detail which are used and which are not used. On the bottom of the same windows you will find a check box that is "tell me If my USB device can perform faster", Now unchecked that . Next time you will not get that.

To help yourself with the problem that you are getting you need to make the following setting that will give you the access of the disabling the Balloon message that you are getting every. Click on the start and then go to the My computer Icon and right click on the same and go to the properties and then to the Device Manager. Now expand the USB Controller and click on the host controller, now on the advance tab click on the Don't tell me about USB errors check box.

Hey check out the below given procedure that will definitely help you for the problem that you are getting. Hope you will like it. To turn off this error message, you must follow these steps:

• Open Device Manager. To do this, click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc in the Run window, and then click OK.
    • Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section at the bottom of the device manager window. Locate and then double-click a host controller that has either the word Universal or the word Open in the title.
    • In the properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab, and then select the Don't tell me about USB errors check box.