Thread: Not able to install Windows 7 on Dell Dimension C521

Not able to install Windows 7 on Dell Dimension C521

I am having the Dell Dimension C521 Desktop computer system and as you know this Dell computer comes with the pre installed Windows Vista operating system. Now i want to install the Windows 7 operating system in this Dell Desktop Computer. But i am unable to install Windows 7 on Dell Dimension C521 desktop. I don't know what is the issue, The installation hangs in between. I tried three times but every time the same issue appeared.

Re: Not able to install Windows 7 on Dell Dimension C521

You are not able to upgrade to operating system of your Dell Dimension C521desktop computer. This Desktop is currently having the Windows Vista and you want to install the Windows 7 , But you are not able to do this because the system freezes or hangs during the installation process. There can be many reason for this kind of the problem. First of all check all the needs required for upgrading system to the Windows 7 operating system. You can check the requirements for the Upgrade to Windows 7 from the website of the Microsoft.

The system requirements for upgrading the Dell Dimension C521 to the Windows 7 operating system should have minimum this configuration. Please note that the requirements mentioned here are only for the Home Basic version of the Windows 7 operating system.

1. 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    2. 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    3. 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    4. DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

I think before upgrading the Dell Dimension C521 to the Windows 7 operating system from the Window XP or the Windows Vista operating system, first you should run the Windows compatibility test on your computer system. This test will run the program and identify that you can upgrade to the Windows 7 operating system or not. At the end this provide the detailed report of the test that you can see. After that you can make the decision for upgrading your Dell computer system. You can download this software from the Microsoft website. The name of the software is Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.

For installing the Windows 7 operating system properly in the Dell Dimension C521 desktop, Install the Windows 7 disc in the DVD rom and reboot the system from the installation disc.If the system is not booting from the disc then change the boot option from the BIOS. Boot from the disc and start with the installation. During the installation the drive selection option will be shown. Select the current drive and format the existing OS. Now the installation will be done properly without any problem.

Make sure the Windows 7 disc which you are using for installing the windows 7 OS in your DELL desktop should be bootable and it should not have any scratches on it. It is better to use the licensed copy of the Windows 7 operating system. If you are using the pirated disc then i will recommend you that don't use this disc, buy your own licensed copy of windows 7 operating system. Because the Pirated versions disc can create this type of issues in installation procedure.