Thread: Device lost after upgrading to Windows 7 from Windows Vista

Device lost after upgrading to Windows 7 from Windows Vista

I have an Acer Aspire7220 laptop which formerly had Windows Vista on it. I have recently moved to Windows 7. Now when i moved to Windows 7, my microphone, my webcam which is integrated and my graphics card are no longer recognized by Windows 7. So basically my Device lost after upgrading to Windows 7 from Windows Vista. What shall i do in order to make it work with Windows 7. Apart from the driver issue, i have no problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for any help in advance...

Re: Device lost after upgrading to Windows 7 from Windows Vista

If i were at your place, i would have downloaded drivers of your laptop for Windows 7, you can find this at the official website of your laptop manufacturer, in your case its Acer. Have you had a look at their website? I would recommend you to do so first. Now that Windows 7 is in market, drivers for it has been official made and distributed, so try this out...

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    If i were at your place, i would have downloaded drivers of your laptop for Windows 7, you can find this at the official website of your laptop manufacturer, in your case its Acer. Have you had a look at their website? I would recommend you to do so first. Now that Windows 7 is in market, drivers for it has been official made and distributed, so try this out...
    Did that already. I downloaded the drivers for the device which were not automatically updated by Windows 7 during the Vista to 7 upgrade. But that didn't work either. Is there a way out? Is my laptop supported by Windows 7? Please help me. I think this problem is due to my laptop is a bit old and it was manufactured when windows 7 was not released. Any other advice? Thanks

What was the eariler OS u run ? Windows Vista 95 % match with Windows 7 Drivers. Sometimes it will doent work never graphic cards. so visit manufactures site or trusted download sites like Cnet..ect and download Drivers. we can help ,if you can inform motherboard model and graphi card model

Have you tried updating the chipset drivers. Check that you have downloaded drivers for the correct model and of latest version, because on the site of Acer there are several versions of drivers. When you've chosen your model make sure you've also selected Windows 7 whichever version you are using. Also make sure you select the correct architecture that is 32bit or 64bit...

Ok, Thanks for your swift replies. I will download Windows 7 Drivers for Windows 7 32-bit Home Premium as that is the version i am using. But i don't get it right. I upgraded after confirming that i all my drivers are supported but then still i got the problem. I am downloading the correct version now and lets hope this helps...