Thread: Recover windows password on usb

Recover windows password on usb

Hi,
    I had forgot my Windows login password. I does have any other way to get it back. Is there a way by which I can restore my password with some software in case of loss. But one thing I want to tell you that I did not have a CD / DVD drive for the same. So I need a options either in USB or any other tool. Does anyone knows a way for this. How to recover windows password by usb key. Thanks in advance.

Re: Recover windows password on usb

Yes it is possible to do that. Even if you do not have a CD or DVD drive then you can simply insert the usb drive and get your windows open. But before using any password recovery software you must understand that the passwords are stored in the type of a hash format. It is something like this 123456b4d2c9a9eadd3b435c51404ee. The password hash is then encrypted with a high level scheme of encryption.

In windows the password of any users is stored in the form of SAM files. Whenever you insert a new password a SAM file is created with has the content of password in it. So if you can get the SAM file then you can recover your password back again. The problem of getting this files is that this files remains locked. So it cannot be accessed when your computer is booting. You will need a NTFSDOS types software to get the file.

Yes it is right that it is not easy to access the SAM file. But even if you get that by any software then the same is encrypted. Then the problem comes how to get the password out from it. So that you need some hash converter for that. But the same is not possible. I will recommend you to search for any password recovery software and then try out the same.

There are some tools which can help you to recover your windows password. This can be boot from CD and then you can access your system. One of the tool I know is Kon-Boot. It is a software which works from a USB device or CD whichever you have. Once it is inserted you can boot the computer and login directly in Windows.

There is one more free tool called USB ophcrack. You might have heard about ophcrack. It is software which makes windows bootable without password. It is very easy to use. For this you will need a 1GB usb device which is formatted in FAT32 format. Just download the file and run it. It will give you all onscreen instructions to bypass the windows login password.