Thread: Xp freezes or reboots randomly

Xp freezes or reboots randomly

I am using Xp professional. It sometimes reboots or just freezes, during any application or even when the system is almost idle. Till now it has not frozen or rebooted in BIOS setting. I have taken the event viewer log details and I am providing them here:

Application

Type-Error
    Source-Loadperf
    Event ID-3011
    Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The Error code is the first DWORD in Data section.

Event ID-3012
    The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. BaseIndex value from Performance registry is the first DWORD in Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in Data section.

System
    Source-Service Control Manager
    Event ID-7023
    The Network Task service terminated with the following error:
    The specified module could not be found.

Source-atapi
    Event ID-9
    The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period.

Always event ID's 3011 and 3012 occur at exactly the same time.
    ID 7023 was repeated many times and ID 9 only occuring a couple of times.

The system even froze or rebooted when I was trying to install Ubuntu on the separate drive.

Any help or suggestions on the issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by rahul1990; 13-01-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Re: Xp freezes or reboots randomly

no one to come to my rescue??

By watching the event log that you have provided here for your Windows XP operating system computer, it seems that your copy of the Windows XP operating system has been corrupted or the many of the system files are not responding and can be damqaged. So it is very difficult to repair this operating system again. Try to repairing the system using the Windows XP bootable installation disc. If this does not works for yopu then you have only one option left. Install the fresh copy of the Windows XP OS by formatting the old OS from the Hard disk. You will be give the option for formatting the Hard drive during the installation.
    Last edited by Calvin K; 14-01-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Hi,

There are number of possibilities which cause this type of issue. first let me know which antivirus are you using over your system? if you are using the AVG antivirus software. then I suggest you to uninstall this antivirus and see if you are still getting same error or not. Same thing happened with my system. My system freezing after installing the AVG antivirus and problem get solved after the uninstallation of this antivirus. I think this thing might happened with you also.

Quote Originally Posted by Julli_gaada View Post
    Hi,

There are number of possibilities which cause this type of issue. first let me know which antivirus are you using over your system? if you are using the AVG antivirus software. then I suggest you to uninstall this antivirus and see if you are still getting same error or not. Same thing happened with my system. My system freezing after installing the AVG antivirus and problem get solved after the uninstallation of this antivirus. I think this thing might happened with you also.
    Yup I am using AVG. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try this or then try to reinstall the windows. Hope this is not a hardware issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Julli_gaada View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to uninstall AVG and then try Otherwise I will install windows again or may be Ubuntu...