Thread: Install motherboard driver for ASUS M M4A785TD EVO without operating system?

Install motherboard driver for ASUS M M4A785TD EVO without operating system?

How do i Install motherboard driver for ASUS M M4A785TD EVO without operating system? I ordered a new Laptop from my cousin and it came without Operating system. I am trying to install Windows XP but my hard disk isn't detected by Windows XP setup. How do i go further? Please help!

Re: Install motherboard driver for ASUS M M4A785TD EVO without operating system?

You will need to download the drivers for Windows XP and copy it to a floppy driver. If its an archived file, extract the contents and copy it to Floppy drive, if the file size is larger then 1.44mbs you can use multiple floppies and split up the files. When starting the Windows XP Installation, press F6 when it says install third part SCSI or RAID drivers. Then insert the floppy and you're done...

Re: Install motherboard driver for ASUS M M4A785TD EVO without operating system?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
    You will need to download the drivers for Windows XP and copy it to a floppy driver. If its an archived file, extract the contents and copy it to Floppy drive, if the file size is larger then 1.44mbs you can use multiple floppies and split up the files. When starting the Windows XP Installation, press F6 when it says install third part SCSI or RAID drivers. Then insert the floppy and you're done...
    Floppy drive? I don't have one. Nor in my laptop nor in my Desktop PC. Any otherway? Well this laptop comes in two options, one which comes like this : without any OS and other is with : Vista. Is it possible to install Windows XP on it? Please help guys. I don't want to use Windows Vista...

Is this what you are looking for : Creating A Master DVD For Every Software, Drivers & Personal Data With Windows XP Bootable. But i dont think this will help. I recommend you search for Slip streaming drivers with your Windows OS CD, that might help... Not sure which type of hard disk you are using so cannot say much about it.

Well i have sata drivers... Can this help? I dont know what does slipstreaming means. Where can i get more details about this problem? Please reply...