Thread: Accelerate the Temp creation speed in Windows XP

Accelerate the Temp creation speed in Windows XP

Hi,
    My Windows XP has suddenly start working slow. I don't know why. I am working on Outlook express everyday by downloading my mails. For that I have a internet security suite. The mails sometimes take long time to print. Why that so. How to improve this speed. In the later times I had installed a new Windows them to improve the screen look. Nothing has done other that this.

Re: Accelerate the Temp creation speed in Windows XP

When printing, Windows will create a temporary file (spool) on the disk where the OS is installed. To accelerate the creation of this temporary file and hence the introduction of printing, it is possible to create this file on another disk unless requested or faster. I will recommended to get a registry repair tool. This tool will clear up all unnecessary file from your computer and thus improves the speed.

To do the same you will have to edit windows registry files. But that too can affect your Windows performance. So keep a backup. Open Regedit by clicking on Start menu > Run and type regedit. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Print \ Printers. Then Double-click the key DefaultSpoolDirectory. The default path is \ WINDOWS \ System32 \ spool \ PRINTERS. Change it by pointing to a directory of your choice on the new disc. Restart Windows.

It can happen that Windows becomes slower then it worked very well before. Before trying to reinstall your OS, try to apply this trick. Uninstall all new programs from your computer. Then disable some services from the msconfig service. You can access that from start > run and type msconfig. Go to the service tab and remove the ticks from the same. Better get a registry booster tool for the same.

Following several clerical errors on the disc under XP, it is possible that the next reboot, Windows recognizes the primary IDE PIO mode (instead Ultra DMA). It must then uninstall the driver in Device Manager and restart the machine. To do this, you must change the following. Right click on My Computer, go to Properties, Hardware, Device Manager, IDE ATA / ATAPI. Make then right-click Primary IDE Channel and select Uninstall. Then restart your machine. Thus, Windows will recognize again the main IDE Ultra DMA and not PIO in your PC then retrieves its execution speed home.

For the blue screen error do this. Open the CPU case of your computer. Make sure that you have unplugged everything. Then remove the RAM from the slot and clear the edges with a eraser. Then again insert the RAM in the different slot. Start your computer and boot in safe mode. Remove the troubling software and then restart in normal mode.