Thread: How to Play ripped vob files in Vista Media Center

How to Play ripped vob files in Vista Media Center

Hi all,

I am using Windows Vista ultimate operating system in my laptop, I am using Vista Media Center to play the DVD file. Recently i download the ripped DVD file that is on vob format from website and want to play the Media Center, but its failed to play. Can anybody help me how can i play this file on Vista Media Center. Thanks in advance.

DVDDecrypter tool is the one best tool to decrypt the rip movie to orignal format, it enables you to decrypt and copy DVDs to your HD. It also demultiplex DVD to separate audio, video and subtitle streams. It can also make DVD images and burn DVD and CD images. It is free available on the website. check that and reply if you found an issue.

I am using DVDfab Platinum from DVDfab website. it costs around $49.00 US but it’ is well worth the price because of the many exporting options it has. It allow me to rip just the main movie, removing all the trailers and commentary that I never watch anyway and saving a lot of space in the process. This software is also convert movie format to different device format. Free demo version is also available on website.

I am also using DVDfab Platinum for rip all my movies to vob files. We can also n trans code the files, shrink the file sizes down with Divx, Xvid. I can also shrink movies sizes from 4 to 8 gigs down to as low as 500 megs. I suggest you to use this for media center and reply how was the experience. Best of Luck.

You can also follow the steps to see the rip DVD movie in media center.
    # Rip you DVD to your hard drive,
    # Then add the movie name to the Movie Collector and find it where the files are located.
    # open up Media Center, go to the Program Library and click the Movie Collector.
    # Choose your movie and click play on your remote.

You need to open Registry Editor in windows Vista and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\DvdSettings, then double click on the key ShowGallery and change the value from Play to Gallery. then clcik on exit and restart your system, then open media center and go to Play DVD option that is now DVD Library. Now check to play the movie and reply.