Thread: What is this chifunc32 process in Windows 7

What is this chifunc32 process in Windows 7

Okay now this is a very weird issue which I came across this last week. I had been at my cousin's place to setup his new brand sealed computer. I helped him unpack the box and it was sealed and new new brand.
    I made all the required connections as my cousin doesn't know much bout computers. And I came across this very strange thing.
    I checked the processes list and there were many suspicious processes running. There was this process named chifunc32. I tried to stop some of those process but then after restarting they were back again.
    I am actually shocked to see a sealed computer preloaded with a Virus. I hope this chifunc32 is some kind of virus.
    Does any one know what exactly is chifunc32 used for.?

Re: What is this chifunc32 process in Windows 7

Well even I am shocked to hear something like this, that a Sealed computer preloaded with a virus.
    After going through what is mentioned above I do think this is some kind on virus or spyware. And to now remove this you have to use some Anti Virus Security Suite which will scan this computer and check for all the viruses and spywares.
    And I did check about this chifunc32 process but didn't get any information on it.

I just got a Vista disk and formatted the system and installed a fresh new copy of Vista on the computer.
    I hope that has removed all those viruses and spywares also. Because I have heard about this hidden partition which is used to take computer back to factory settings. So I hope it did not infect that hidden partition.
    Can someone suggest some solution to get this system out of all problems.

I know OEM manufacturers use some spywares and adwares.
    Even I searched for this chifunc32.exe process and didn't get any information, so I don't think it is any kind of Virus or something. So don't worry.
    And don't worry about the Hidden Partition, it is safe and there will be no problem with it.
    I will like to give some more suggestions over here regarding buying PC.
    If you have knowledge about computers or if any of your friend has then get make a custom system. It gives you advantage of choosing all the components which you want to be there in your computer.
    Orelse go to the computer shop and get a clean and good system and install the OS yourself.
    So whatever you do, don't buy a computer from a catalogue company or similar