Thread: Quicken issues with printing under windows 7

Quicken issues with printing under windows 7

Hello. I use a desktop machine with Windows 7 installed as the operating system in it. I use Quicken for printing from my Canon printer. The problem is that I am not able to print any application using Quicken. I do not know what could be the problem but please help me out in order to get a solution for the same. Thank you.

Re: Quicken issues with printing under windows 7

You need to upgrade the application software version in order to get work well under windows 7. As Windows 7 been the highly sophisticated operating system tool. You need to check out whether the system is really able to cope up well with the application. The application needs to be updated so that it gel up well with the system. Try installing the new version of the software from its official site.

The software version that you are using might be 2008. The quicken 2008 has several issues associated with it due to which they are unable to print the application that the user wants to be done at the particular period of time. Just uninstall the application and install a new pack of software that is an updated one. This shall help you out to print the application using Quicken.

There is an alternative to the same. Just follow the steps as follows:

* Click the start menu option button.
    * Select the printer and devices option.
    * Now click on the green check of the default printer option.
    * Go to the settings options.
    * Now select the advanced settings options.
    * there allow the print option to be activated.
    * Click OK.

It might be that the execution of the software may not work under normal user account. It might be that the authorization to access certain process may be banned for the user. You need to right click on the .exe file of the application and then choose to run as administrator. Allow the accessibility by filling the parameters that has to be fulfilled. Check out for the same. This shall help you out.

Running the application under safe mode shall then let you to use it in more appropriate way. It is quite possible that the software may not be functioning due to incompatibility mode of the application with the operating system. You need to run the application under the safe mode. This will let you to run the software under low feature enablity. Hope this should work.

I finally figured out a work around for this. I'm running Quicken 2006 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, and couldn't print to anything because the Quicken PDF printer (Amunyi PDF) wouldn't install, and attempting to print at all crashed the program. I did the following:

Install any free PDF converter (I used Bullzip, but anything should work)
    Go to Printers and rename it "Quicken PDF Printer". Make sure the new name matches that exactly! Quicken apparently isn't bight enough to know this is not the real Quicken PDF printer.
    Start quicken. You should now be able to choose any printer you have installed. The Quicken PDF Printer still won't work, but doing this allowed me to print to my 16 year old HP LaserJet 4L and the Microsoft XPS printer, so at least I can print checks and XPS files, and if I really need a PDF I can print the XPS to PDF.

FYI I have Acrobat 9 Pro installed, and even though it shows up in Quicken, I still can't print to it.