Thread: How to reduce Windows Folder size in Windows 7

How to reduce Windows Folder size in Windows 7

Okay now over here I am trying to save some drive space and utilize it some where else.
    I have a system which is installed with Windows 7 and is working fine without any problem. I have installed windows in Drive C which is of 30 GB in all and my windows folder is of 18 GB. Now does this Windows folder has to be so big in size. And I have Program Files with 3.5 GB and Users folder with 7 GB.
    I think there is some thing wrong over here and I guess there are lot of junk material in this C drive.
    Now can anyone help me to reduce this Windows folder size.?

Re: How to reduce Windows Folder size in Windows 7

Well now if you want to reduce your windows folder size then you need to remove all the unwanted software's and application from your system. That will save a lot of drive space.
    And the most funny thing with Windows is that it looks like it has lots of files but that don't really exist.
    You can also turn off some windows built in components which are like Internet Explorer, Games, Media Features, Tablet PC Components and many more.
    Try this out, it should help.

I guess there is really something wrong with the Disk Management on my system. I opened C drive and placed my mouse cursor on Windows Folder and its tooltip said Larger than 48 Mb. I then right clicked on it and clicked on properties, it took a long time to come up and then took some more time to calculate the total size of the folder, and showed me that it was 17.55 GB.
    I did the same thing with Program Files and got its size as 4.3 GB. And when I calculate the Total Drive Space then it doesn't add up properly. There is some thing surely wrong with this HDD.
    Is it possible that there is some virus which is eating up my drive space.
    I am actually worried now.

Hey don't worry, I don't think there is any virus or something which is eating up your Drive space. Because if a system is infected by any virus then there are many more symptoms like system working slow, unnecessary files and folders getting created with 0 bytes size and many more...
    And it's normal with Microsoft, that you never come to know the exact size and space in your drive.