Thread: Problem in using Hybrid sleep in windows XP in my Dell laptop.

Problem in using Hybrid sleep in windows XP in my Dell laptop.

Hi,
    I am using Windows XP in my Dell laptop; I heard something about the Hybrid sleep in Windows XP. I don’t know exactly what is the Hybrid sleep? I use help for using Hybrid sleep but the problem is I am not able to find this option, some time I am not using my laptop for long time but that time I don’t want to shutdown my laptop, but the problem is if I not shutdown my laptop then it will eat my laptop battery and I shutdown laptop then it will take time to start, so how to solve this problem using Hybrid sleep in windows XP in my Dell laptop?
    Last edited by Casidy; 11-01-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Re: Problem in using Hybrid sleep in windows XP in my Dell laptop.

I tell you what Hybrid sleep is, Hybrid Sleep is new power saving feature, it’s design for computers, using Hybrid sleep we can save any open documents and in we use any application then this application we can save in memory and to your hard disk and then put our computer on lower power saver. This is use when if a sudden power failure occurs to a desktop computer in standard sleep mode, data loss could occur but if our system in Hybrid Mode then Windows can restore all the work like any open document from your hard disk. For that you have to just activate your hybrid feature. When sudden power failure occurs that time hybrid sleep is typically turned on by default.

Use following steps for to turn Hybrid Sleep mode on or off:
    1. Click on Start Button -> Open Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> clicking Power Options.
    2. Click change plan -> click Change advanced power settings.
    3. On the Advanced settings tab, expand Sleep, expand Allow hybrid sleep, and then
    4. If you are using a desktop computer then click on Setting, click the arrow, and then click on.
    5. Click OK, and then click save changes.

If you hybrid sleep is turned on that time if click n Sleep automatically puts your computer into hybrid sleep. But if your computer not in hybrid sleep mode and then you click on Sleep mode then your computer goes into the normal Sleep mode it never goes into the Hybrid Sleep mode. If your computer in Sleep mode and that time power goes then your system can’t able to save your open documents. But this occur in Hybrid Mode then your system can store all the data in memory in your hard disk,

Hybrid sleep is only for the Desktop this is not in laptop and I think because of this you not able to find this option, if you want then I think for that you have to upgrade your laptop I think this feature is available in Windows 7, and this feature supporting for laptops also. I am not sure about this, for that you have to give your laptop in service center may be they will add this feature in your laptop.