Thread: Problem in Speech Recognition in Windows Vista.

Problem in Speech Recognition in Windows Vista.

Hi,
    I use Dell laptop, in that I use Windows Vista operating system, I activate Speech recognition in that it was worked fine but when I try to give some command in MS Word this commands are not recognize in Open Office v 2.2.1 . i am not able solve why this problem occur in Speech Recognition in Windows Vista. I keep try to giving commands but it will not able to write anything. Am I doing something wrong? Someone give me some solution for that.

Re: Problem in Speech Recognition in Windows Vista.

I think the problem is your computer doesn’t hear you. For that you have to try several possible causes of the problem:
    • Some time your Microphone isn’t able pick up your voice, for that first check your microphone.
    • Check microphones internal setting, Make sure the mute control is turned off.
    • Check Microphones input level, some time it’s goes slow, Make sure that the microphone input level is set properly.
    • Clicking the Start button  open Control Panel, then click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on recoding tab.
    • Open Microphones which is useful for Speech Recognition.
    • Open Levels tab, and set the input level of microphone.
    I think this will help you to solving your problem in Speech Recognition in Windows Vista.

Some time Speech Recognition doesn’t understand spoken commands. For that you have to make sure you have a good voice profile. I tell how to make voice profile.
    Open Speech Recognition option
    • Start -> Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Open Speech Recognition Options.
    • Then train your computer to better understand you
    • You will also use the Speech Tutorial which will guide you to how to give command to your computer.

This problem occurs when you consistently enter wrong word with Speech Recognition. For solving this problem you have to use Speech Dictionary this will help you how to give command to your computer. if you some words are use frequently use then this words are add in this dictionary but the problem is you can’t duplicate the word. For that Open Speech Dictionary and click on add a new word. I think this solution will help you to solve your Speech Recognition problem in Windows Vista.

I tell you exactly what is the problem, each problem or errors which was displayed by the system when we use any Windows application, this error was store in system. For finding this problem you to use following steps.
    • Start -> Control panel -> Problem Reports and Solutions
    Click Check for New Solution
    • After reports are sent -> click View problem history -> then Right click on the problem and select View problem details
    • Here you get the exact problem which you get with your Speech Recognition in Windows Vista.