Thread: Problem in deleting ubuntu partition

Problem in deleting ubuntu partition

Hello
    My Ubuntu system is installed on half of my hard drive. I would delete the other partition because I want to use the non-use of disk for my data and programs. (And join the two discs in one) How can I do? Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Fragman; 11-01-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Re: Problem in deleting ubuntu partition

Hi
    which version are you using? 8.4, 9.4, 9.10? You can always format the partitions and unused serve thee to save your data. Do you know gparted? You can download it and he will be happy to reformat the partition in question.
    You can type
    Code:
    sudo gparted
    Before installing it just check whether you already have it installed.

Hello,
    I have version 9.01. I just install it (gparted). However my knowledge is fairly limited information I do not know what I can delete
    unallocated 8.63Gb
    (/ dev/sda2) extended 12.39Gb
    (dev/sda5) ext4 / 9.99Gb 7.50Gb 34.0Gb
    (dev/sda6) linux-swap 502Mb
    How do I take to remove the partition so that it can be added to my work ubuntu? And also what is the score that I must remove? It is not allowed? Thank you for your future responses

Hello,
    You select "unallocated" and then you delete it then, Menu / partition then you choose new logical partition and file system: ext3. You click the add button then the green button "apply all operations" and that is it! You have only to put your files inside folders, is not it very simple. Hope this information will help you. If not then you can continue this discussion in the next post.
    Last edited by Calvin K; 11-01-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Hello,
    What do you mean by logical partition? How to choose ext3 and this means what? When I click on unallocated I have the choice between new and information (other tabs are grayed out) how do? and especially what to do? Is it already deleted? Then I did / partition but then again what are the parameters that I must go? Thank you

Hello,
    What do you mean by logical partition? How to choose ext3 and this means what? When I click on unallocated I have the choice between new and information (other tabs are grayed out) how do? and especially what to do? Is it already deleted? Then I did / partition but then again what are the parameters that I must go? Thank you
    Unallocated and then new logical partition and ext3. For more details you can refer you to the Ubuntu Documentation. Or you can download the guide for ubuntu, help is easily available on ubuntu's official site. Just you have to search for partition. Hope this information will help you, if you have any more problems then post back here.
    Last edited by Calvin K; 11-01-2010 at 01:41 PM.