Thread: How to Map Drives in Windows 7?

How to Map Drives in Windows 7?

I am new with the Windows 7 so not much familiar with the features of the same. So i have an issue that i think can be solve here. So that is the reason why i am here. I don't know how to map drive in Windows 7. And need to establish one for my system. So can any one help me with the same. Any help may be appreciated. Waiting for the reply. Thanks in advance

Re: How to Map Drives in Windows 7?

There are several way to perform the mapping of the drive. In which i am explaining one for you. So try this out this is really easy. Just go to the My Computer and double click on it. Then you will find an option on the taskbar that Map Network drive. Click on that and it is done. But if you are browsing through the partition drive then this option will disappear. So do the above discuss thing and enjoy the mapping of drive. Thats it!

Hey I am giving you the step to perform the same and need to follow the same to set up the network drive. Hope this will solve your issue.
    • Right click on the My computer Icon
    • Click on the Map Network Drive
    • Now select the drive
    • Browse the location that you want to map
    • Select the folder that you want to MAP
    • Click on the Reconnect at logon' and 'Connect using different credentials as per your need.
    • When finish click on the OK

Thank you

If you want to Map an FTP Site then at the time of the setting of the click on the link i.e. Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures'. It will open a new "Add Network Location" wizard will start. Now Click on Next. This will prompt you for the address of the web and then ask you to set the password which is optional. So do the following and enjoy the networking. Thanks