Thread: How to make windows 7 not to shut down with power button?

How to make windows 7 not to shut down with power button?

Hi, Need help for the Windows 7. Actually i have kept my computer on an odd place which is all most in the way of the kitchen. So whenever any one is going through this way they accidentally click on the power button and the work of my stops and PC got restarted or shut down. So help me to find How to make windows 7 not to shut down with power button? Can i change the power button not to shut down or restart the computer. help will be appreciated. Thanks

Re: How to make windows 7 not to shut down with power button?

Hey no need to worry you can perform the following with the help of the procedure that i am explaining to you. This will be access with the help of the control panel. Just click on the power option and then click on the Choose what the power button does. And on the drop down list select the do nothing. And save the setting and its done. Say thanks if you like the same. Thank you

Can you explain it in detail so that i can perform the same with the easy step. Describe the whole thing in the Step by step procedure. And also let me know that is it possible to make it password protected so that after the power button is pressed it will ask for the password and then shut down. Thanks

OK, As per your query i am discussing the complete step for the same hoping that this time you will get what i am explaining to you. So try the given step and tell me this is working for you or not so that i will explain it in detail.
    1. Click on the Start
    2. Click on the Control Panel
    3. Click on the Power option
    4. Click on Choose what the power button does form the left pane.
    5. Under the power setting click on the drop down list that is showing the "When i press the Power button"
    6. Now Click on the do nothing from the drop down list
    7. Click on Save changes to save and finish the setting

Thats it

You can also select the sleep mode or the hibernate for the power button that will take you computer to the Stand by mode or the Hibernate mode. To do this you have to follow the above given step and then from the drop down list select the sleep mode or hibernate and its done. Say thanks if you liked it. See you again. Bye

No you can not set the password for the power button but you can lock the power option on the start up menu so that when you click on that it will do nothing. To perform that you have to go to the taskbar and start menu properties and then to start menu tab and lock the power button option. Hope that this is the same which you are looking for.Thanks