Thread: Start button disappeared in windows 7

Start button disappeared in windows 7

I have an acer aspire laptop which is running with windows 7. All was running smoothly. Before a day or two i missed the start up screen(start button and the desktop). I have to use the task manager to call all the missing items so that i can start my work. i get each and every item except the start button missing from its place. Can anybody please help me to get my start button back.

Re: Start button disappeared in windows 7

As i am a new user of windows 7 i also don't know much about it but i could suggest you a solution. Right click on your taskbar then select properties after that click the start menu tab and make sure that the start menu button is clicked and then click the apply and OK. I hope that this will solve your problem.

Hello first of all i would like to know that you have installed a pirated copy of the windows 7 because after installing the pirated copy the windows seven wil work for some time and after that it will stop functioning can you please tell me whether you are using a licensed copy. If not then buy a licensed version of windows 7 which will definitely work.

hi friends thank you for giving me these replies. Firstly i would like to clarify that i am having a licensed copy of windows 7. I know that its illegitimate to buy pirated copy of windows 7 or any similar products . Also i have mentioned that i am facing the problem from two three days. As far as i know i think that any window will not work for more than two days with the help of pirated copy. As suggested by jesse i did followed your steps but that could not help. Anyways thanks for the reply

I have faced the similar issue with my system but with the windows vista. I finally got my start menu back by killing the explorer.exe process within the Task Manager and then restarting it back again with the help of the Run command in the task manager. I hope you will fix the issue soon.

If you are facing the issue from the last few days i think you can fix it pretty easily and you don't have to kill or end and then restart that process again. The simple solution to this problem is that you can try to restore the system using the windows system restore utility to a point where your system was stable.