Thread: Need Spanish MUI for Windows 7 64bit

Need Spanish MUI for Windows 7 64bit

I had been running Windows 7 64bit on my Acer laptop. I didn't got any installation cd with it. I would like to know that how to change the language pack. As, i'm using Windows 7 for the first time, i had tried manually by using the help option. It seems that Windows 7 64bit doesn't support the change manually. So, i would like to know that where can i get Spanish MUI for my Windows 7 64bit? Any one knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Need Spanish MUI for Windows 7 64bit

The language can’t be selected because the language pack version is incompatible with this version of windows. For end-user who prefer to download language specific lp.cab file only instead of whole ISO, use the following HTTP download links for individual standalone language pack. The MUI language packs for Windows 7 RTM is available for Windows 7 Ultimate edition only, and is distributed via Windows Update or Microsoft Update to supported system as optional update.

In particular, disk space and system performance are affected during servicing operations, such as Service Pack installations, according to KB972813. To find out your system properties (32-bit/64-bit, SP1/SP2 installed or not), you need to go to Control Panel --> System and Maintenance --> System. After that you need to right-click the Computer icon in Start menu and select Properties. Therefore, it’s recommended to only add a language pack to computer only if the language will be used.

The default installation file is available in en-us (US English) language. Therefore, it’s recommended to only add a language pack to computer only if the language will be used. I installed the Spanish and Japanese packs without problemes. User who wants to download the MUI language packs for Windows 7 only from official source, here’s the direct download links for both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) Windows 7 MUI language packs from Microsoft’s Windows Update server.

However if you don’t use English or prefer to download other language packs you can now do so. To install a language pack just go to control panel, then under "Clock,language and Region" section click on "Change display language" now in the "Display language" square click the Instal/Unistall Language button. Language packs are free to download for both 32-Bit and 64-Bit systems.

You'll need to select the folder with the language that you want to install. after the installation you can select the language. ny unwanted language packs can be made hidden in Windows Update. Thus Windows 7 users can have their windows user interfaces (UIs) translated into their own language for menus and dialogs, with MUI (Multilingual User Interface) language packs. Windows Update will always display all language packs that are available. A To hide unwanted language packs in Windows Update, click on the Windows 7 Ultimate Language Packs category (to highlight and hide all remaining language packs) or click on and highlight individual language pack (to hide language packs one by one) in the Select the updates you want to install page, and then right-click the highlighted updates, and then select Hide update.