Thread: Bootable ISO from .box files

Bootable ISO from .box files

Can some one please guide me through steps to create a bootable ISO disc from .box files.I have the setup1.box, setup2.box and .exe files, the exe extracts the files, but how do i make a bootable iso from these files? its the same files as on a dvd but how do i make it bootable? The Operating System for who's ISO I want to build is Windows 7.
    Any suggestions please.

Re: Bootable ISO from .box files

Okay I guess you ordered Windows 7 through online store. Which is why you got these three files. Now to make an Bootable ISO out of these .box file you need to follow these simple and basic steps which are given below :
    1) Put all 3 downloaded files (the .exe, setup1.box and setup2.box) in the same folder.
    2) Right click on each of three files, select Properties, and then click on Unblock button to prevent files from unable to be accessed. Click OK when done.
    3) Run the .exe executable as administrator. It starts to unload the box, and will create a new folder called expandedSetup, and will populate the folder with all necessary Windows 7 setup files.
    4) Exit from Install Windows wizard dialog.
    5) Open an elevated command prompt as administrator, and run the following command:
    –bC:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com –u2 –h -m -lWIN_EN_DVD C:\expandedSetup\ C:\Win7.iso
    6) A bootable Windows 7 DVD ISO image in UDF format will be created as Win7.iso in C:\ or any folder you specified above.
    7) Then just write it on a Disc through any ISO Burner software.

I don't know what's wrong over here.
    I followed the steps given, but got an error.
    When I try to run the .exe executable as administrator,it's show error:
    "The application cannot find one of its required files, possibly because it was unable to create it in the folder. Please make sure that the folder in which this application was downloaded is accessible and not read only."
    Now what should I do with this error.?

Okay now the reason behind this error can be because of some security system on your computer.
    Please check the folder properties to make sure that you have security
    permission on the folder to write files and that the folder is not read-only.
    Check you computer’s system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.