Thread: Error 0x00000ED-Ox81DDF8A8 in Windows Xp

Error 0x00000ED-Ox81DDF8A8 in Windows Xp

Hello, I have a Compaq laptop which works on Windows XP operating system. All was fine but from few days when I start the laptop it boots up and when I try to visit a website the laptop restarts. I tried running the laptop in safe mode but the system gives a blue screen with error 0x00000ED-Ox81DDF8A8-0xC0000185-0x00000000-0x00000000. I tried many times but the laptop gets stuck at the same error. If anybody has a solution for this problem, please let me know.

Re: Error 0x00000ED-Ox81DDF8A8 in Windows Xp

Blue screen with error code normally suggest that the system is not able to access the system memory. Probably the system memory of your laptop has gone bad. If your able to open the laptop, remove the RAM chips. Clean the connecting terminals of the RAM chip and the connecting slot with a clean cloth. Also see if there are any signs of chips getting burnt. Now replace the RAM chips in the connecting slot and then boot the laptop. If you have multiple RAM chips then try booting the laptop by using 1 RAM chip at a time.

The error you are getting with your laptop is due to the un-mountable drive. The drive in which the operating system is loaded is not recognized by the system. This can be because of the corrupt file system of the drive or if the drive has been damaged. Check the consistency of the drive by using different disk utility on the drive. You can use CHKDSK utility which is provided by Windows or you can download some third party application which can be used on the drive in DOS mode. Repair the errors which are encountered by the utility and then try to boot the operating system in normal mode.

I think the browser you are using has got corrupt. As you have mentioned that the laptop restarts when the browser is used to visit some website, the problem can be with a corrupted browser. Try to use some other browser to visit the websites and check if the laptop restarts. If the laptop does not restart then the browser you were using was corrupt. Uninstall the browser and all its related file. Once all the files are removed, restart the laptop in safe mode and check if you still get the error with a blue screen.

Dr. V Guest

The operating system of the computer has got corrupt and needs to reinstalled. Some files which are needed for the operating system to run properly are missing on your laptop which causing the laptop to restart. You can also compare and find which files on your system are missing and then replace them manually but it will take lot of time. if you have the Installation disk of Windows XP, then Insert it in the CD drive and boot the system from it. The Installation process will start. Now follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation of Windows Xp.

There is a high possibility that the laptop is infected by some virus which may have corrupted the operating system. Scan the laptop with an updated antivirus and repair or quarantine the files which are found to be infected. If you dont have an updated antivirus then you can use the online scan option which is provided by many antivirus solution companies. After cleaning the laptop of all the virus's, do the system restore. To perform restore, press F10 when the system is starting. The system will give a option menu with a system restore option. Select the option and let the procedure complete. Before performing system restore, take back-up of all the important data as during system restore the hard disk may get formatted.