Thread: Ubuntu 9.10 Crashes When CD Inserted In A Drive

Ubuntu 9.10 Crashes When CD Inserted In A Drive

Hello, I am using Linux based operating on my computer Ubuntu 9.10. But, whenever I try to insert any cd in the drive it suddenly crashes my operating. This problem I am facing from few days, but before that I have not face any such problem. How can I solve this problem? Is it required to install ubuntu again on my computer to solve this problem?

Re: Ubuntu 9.10 Crashes When CD Inserted In A Drive

Hello, I think you need to check your drive is working or not by inserting other cd in the drive. As there may be possibility that the cd you are using is having scratches and due to which it is not able to read by your drive and due to which your whole operating system get crash. So, just use the other cd for checking your cd and drive.

I think there is any type of drive issue. Have you checked that your all of the drivers are installed well. It may possible that you are having some of the drivers which are corrupt and due to which they are not working well. So, just make sure that by reinstalling them you will able to get that and solve your problem.

There may be possibility that your operating system is got corrupted and due to which when you add some other media in the drive it wont able to load it. And that is why it stops working and it results in the crashing of Ubuntu 9.10. So, just install a new fresh copy of Linux operating on your computer and you will able to solve all the related problems with your operating system.

I think the CD which you are inserting is having some or the other malicious or problematic code and that is why when you insert that CD in the drive your operating system crashes. So, you need to check whether the problem is occurring with all the CD or not. If you are getting problem with all the CD then it is needed to check your connection for the drive. As it may possible that due to some loose connection your operating is not able to read that data and giving you problem of crashing.

It is needed to check you CD/DVD drive from your computer as when you insert any cd in the drive then only your Ubuntu 9.10 Crashes, so just check that on the different computer and try to use. So, that you will able to know the problem. It may also possible that you are having problem with the RAM. As if your operating system is getting short that much of ram then it can possible that your Ubuntu will crash. So, check that also.