Thread: How to disable IPv6 in Windows 7?

How to disable IPv6 in Windows 7?

Hi there, As i am new with the Windows 7 i am not well aware with the functioning of the same. i know that IPv6 is default installed on the Windows OS but if i am not using it then it is better to disable the same. That is why i am here help me with the disabling IPv6 in Windows 7. Just guide me through the step for the same so that i can disable the same. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: How to disable IPv6 in Windows 7?

You can perform the same with the help of the Registry Editor and can disable the IPv6. All you have to do is to go the start and then click on the run and type the regedit on it and press enter. This will open the registry editor window. Now look for the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters". Then on the right pane just right click and then to new and DWORD value now enter the name “DisabledComponents” and set the value as FF for the same. After that restart the system.

Just follow the procedure step by step to work with the same and disable the IPv6 in Windows 7. hope you will like it. Say thanks if it works for you
    • Click on the start
    • Go to the Run
    • Type regedit and hit enter
    • On the regedit windows navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servi ces\Tcpip6\Parameters
    • Now on the Right pane right click
    • And then select the new DWORD value
    • Enter the name as “DisabledComponents
    • Now set the value as FF
    • Save the setting
    • Restart Computer.

And its done

Thanks to you guys for you support that you have explained me. This is appreciative work done by you people. But do me one favor with the enabling of the same if in case i want to enable it once again. I hope you will give me the support for this also. Thanks again.

Hey all you have to do is to follow the procedure given above and go through the same and enter the registry editor window and navigate the same path as it was specified in the above post and then delete the entry which you have created before and then again restart the system to change take effect and this will enable the IPv6 again for the Windows7. Thank you

IPv6 is a internet protocol of 6 version introduced as the next generation protocol for the internet. This has been developed for the providing the advantage to the Internet Protocol Version 4 (or IPv4). Both the protocol is defined as the network protocol. This is used for the data sending form the one computer to the other computer. Thank you

I have the 64 bit version of Home Premium, how do I do disable it?
    Thanks.

To make the IPV6 disable in the Windows 7 you have to perform some changes in the registry editor. To make the changes just open the registry from the Run box and then navigate to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > services >TCPIP6 > Parameters " and now right click on the same and then select the New> DWORD 32 bit from the context menu and DisabledComponents, set the value of DisabledComponents to 0 and click OK. Now Restart the computer to effect take place. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Devasis View Post
    To make the IPV6 disable in the Windows 7 you have to perform some changes in the registry editor. To make the changes just open the registry from the Run box and then navigate to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > services >TCPIP6 > Parameters " and now right click on the same and then select the New> DWORD 32 bit from the context menu and DisabledComponents, set the value of DisabledComponents to 0 and click OK. Now Restart the computer to effect take place. Thanks
    Thanks, but I have the 64 bit version, do I set QWORD?
    Doug