Thread: Why does critical volume error appear on Windows 8.1

Why does critical volume error appear on Windows 8.1

I am trying to configure automatic backup on Windows 8.1. And it crash with some critical volume error. I also got a few blue screens while doing the same. I want to know that does this error refer to. I am also trying to find a solution to fix the same. My system is newly updated to Windows 8.1 and it must not trigger any kind of errors. I was expecting a smooth performance. But this thing is now crashing with the error. The system also got a few blue screen after update. I hope Windows 8.1 is a stable operating system.

Re: Why does critical volume error appear on Windows 8.1

It is. There can be some other thing which is causing the issue and you have to locate that first. To get more information on the error just go in Start and click on Control panel. There go in Event Viewer. You can find more information about the error in detail. You can also find the application or system file which is causing the issue. For fixing the issue run system file checker. Type SFC /Scannow in cmd and wait back. It is more better if you do that in safe mode. This will scan your system and fix the damage system files.

It can be due to location issue also. If you are running any backup then try to change the location. That might help you to get rid of the issue. It is very easy and simple to configure. At the time of configuration backup choose a different location. Sometime this kind of errors are due to bad sectors. It is good if you can try to scan your drive. You ca also do disk defragmentation. If there are bad sectors then you have to choose a different partition. Those cannot be fixed. Try some hard drive scanning software for more information.

There is a instant fix for the same. For that you will need Windows installation disc. Through that we will run startup repair which will fix the files
    that are not proper. Just insert the disc and boot your system with it. Upon boot from the installation menu you can choose repair and from the next menu you can select Startup Repair. Windows will automatically scan the system for damage and corrupt files. And then it will update the same. That is the easiest way to resolve such errors.

The error occur when system files are corrupt. You have to simply repair them to fix the issue. You can do that by running a repair setup. It is recommended that you must backup your data before dong the same. A repair setup of windows will not cause any major changes but it will try to replace the damage system files. That is the quickest and safest way. You can run the repair setup through windows installation disc. In case if any thing happen then you have to install everything from scratch.

Sometime virus are also cause of the same thing. You must remove them to get rid of the same. Scan your system for rootkits and malware. You can do that by using a good antivirus. Just scan your system with that and try out. I am quiet sure that will be good enough to resolve the issue. You can use a bootable antivirus or a usb antivirus to fix the issue. Just scan your system and check back. If there is any virus detected then you have to check that it must be removed. If the virus remained in your system you will keep on getting the issue.