Thread: Windows 7 is not showing wireless icon in systray

Windows 7 is not showing wireless icon in systray

hello everyone i am using an acer aspire laptop with windows 7 as my operating system. All was going smoothly till yesterday when i lost the wireless notification from the notification area. The wireless notification is been replaced by the hard wired internet connection icon. I think that this happened when i updated one of my driver from the Acer website but i am not very much certain about it. Please help in getting back wireless icon in systray in windows 7?

Re: Windows 7 is not showing wireless icon in systray

For getting this icon setting back you should try the to roll back your existing driver and get your old driver back again so open the device manager click the concerned driver which you have updated click roll back driver and this will roll back your driver and will show a yellow question mark in the device manager so just install the driver which you have installed earlier. I think that you will fix this issue.

Well you have not specified that whether you have used the system restore or not for getting your wireless icons back so please let me know whether you have used the system restore or not and try to use it if you haven't used. f you don't know the procedure for doing that then please mention it in your further replies.

Hello friends i would like to thanks to all for replying me. I tried to roll my drivers back but could but this could not resolve my problem. I am not very much aware of using the system restore with windows 7 so can you please tell me the whole procedure do the system restore with windows 7. Any help would be appreciated

So it's a good decision to restore your system to solve this problem so as you have asked me about the procedure so i have mentioned the procedure to restore your system below please have a look at it:.

1.Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\System32\Restore\Rstrui.exe, and then click OK.
    2.On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time ,After that click Next .
    3.On the Select a Restore Point page, click the system checkpoint. In the On this list select the restore point area, click an entry that is named "Guided Help (Registry Backup)," and then click Next. If a System Restore message appears that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make, click OK.
    4.On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration and then restarts the computer.
    5.Log on to the computer. When the System Restore confirmation page appears, click OK.

Thank you very much solomon for helping me again and your steps worked perfectly and i would like to inform you that the system restore has not solved my problem at all so if possible can you give me a different solution so that i can get the wireless icon back in the systray.

I noticed that you did not get the settings back again after restoring your system too.so i would like to show some steps which might get all your settings back which you desire
    1. Go to Start Menu -> All programs -> Accessories
    2. Look for command prompt and right click on that.
    4. Select Run as Administrator.
    3. Give the following commands in the command prompt window:
    4. Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog
    5. Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
    6. Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
    7. After all these restart your system and the icon will be replaced back in its place.