Thread: Youtube and Flash cannot be played in Windows 7

Youtube and Flash cannot be played in Windows 7

I have recently migrated from windows Vista to windows 7. When i installed the new operating system initially i was able to play the youtube videos and suddenly after two or three days it was asking me to install the flash player. To my surprise i can't install flash player since it gives an error message the it is not supported on the 64 bit. So now i am unable to watch videos from youtube. serious help needed.......
    Last edited by Camryn; 07-01-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Re: Youtube and Flash cannot be played in Windows 7

I am not getting why are you facing this problem since you the upgradation. Because windows 7 has some in built features which must help you to play those videos and hence you can watch it. Can you tell me which browser is currently used by you i think the Internet explorer 8 must help you so install the browser and get going.

This problem is arised because you have not updated your windows so just get it updated and after updating the windows reboot your system this might get your issue solved and hence you can watch the youtube videos and for this you don't need to install the flash player and all.Hope fully rhis would have resolved your problem.

Hey i think that this is a typical problem faced by most of the windows 7 user and to get rid of it you must try to use some other browser because these browser does not require any flash update or something else you just have to update them and install those updates and reboot your machine and hence you can watch youtube .

Dr. V Guest

You are facing this problem because the Adobe has not yet released any 64 bit player plugin for the windows 7 like the linux. So you will have to use either a 32 bit browser like the internet explorer 5.5 or higher version and the other option is to use some third party browsers like the Opera and the Mozilla Firefox etc.

The most probable reason behind your issue seems like either your browser has been corrupted or you have not yet updated it. So if the update doesnot work for you then you must try to uninstall the same and then again reinstall the browser. After the reinstallation you must be able to install the flash player and hence you can watch the youtube videos.