Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to add a BIOS file to EXE

Operating Systems

Old 07-01-2010

How to add a BIOS file to EXE

Okay I don't know if it is possible but I am trying to use a BIOS file that is executable and delete the BIOS file and put in another same size file which has Slic 2.1 in it.
Is that possible. I basically want to delete the BIOS executable file and put another executable file which has Slic table 2.1.
Will that work.?

Old 07-01-2010

Re: How to add a BIOS file to EXE

I don't know if that's possible. I assume from what you mentioned that you are speaking of an executable file containing the windows and/or Dos flash tools and the bios all in one package, winflash, winphlash or afuwin being the actual windows flash tool and the executable that you speak of being the file containing everything necessary including the bios.
But there should be some link to the BIOS.
Old 07-01-2010

Yeah the executable file which I will be using has all the components. That is Windows and DOS Flash tools and those are actual and official Flash tools provided in Windows by Microsoft.
I am using Windows 7 currently. The executable file which I will be using contains Slic 2.1 table so there will be no problem with Slic also.
Old 07-01-2010

Well flashing a BIOS from the windows desktop is not a reliable method to go with. Try flashing through DOS instead.
Try using a bootable CD, Open an ISO and then drag and drop all the BIOS file and save it and then boot from that CD. You will be directed to DOS environment after booting. And then type the Drive name to access it.
And that should work for you.
Old 07-01-2010

Hey Thanks a lot for replying with that very important and useful information. I actually needed a step by step information which I got it finally. And I guess it will work fine. I just had that doubt of how to get those Flash tools and BIOS file on a CD to start with the updation process. And even I didn't wanted to use the Windows environment so I will use the DOS method which looks pretty simple and easy to do.
Thanks once again.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,