Thread: Insufficient system resources exist to complete API

Insufficient system resources exist to complete API

ok now after using hibernating successfully on the desktop I thought to adopt hibernation on my Laptop.

I tried using on Laptop but my system fails to hibernate after I've already initiated the hibernation process and walked away from it. This is on my desktop*. You can imagine how catastrophic this could be on a laptop; you'd be putting a laptop in your bag that was still fully on!

The problem occurred after a couple of restores after hibernating, the computer just stops responding, the keyboard hangs, the mouse keeps working the task bar turns completely black only a couple of icons appear that also do not respond.

Thanks before hand.

Re: Insufficient system resources exist to complete API

Pressing the power button usually works to bring them out of hibernation.
    I think you can set up certain keys to bring them out of hibernation, not sure where though.

See this Microsoft article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/909095
    The computer occasionally does not hibernate and you receive an "Insufficient System Resources Exist to Complete the API" error message in Windows XP with Service Pack 2, in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, or in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

Unselecting then re-selecting hibernation parameters worked for me. Rebooted in between just for heck of it. Had doubled ram before problem showed up. Had multiple error windows from multiple attempts to hibernate whenever I would just close laptop without shutting down.

Note that the hotfix may downgrade your kernel to an eariler version; compare the file versions before you install.

ThumbsUp Re: Insufficient system resources exist to complete API

Quote Originally Posted by Vitus View Post
    Note that the hotfix may downgrade your kernel to an eariler version; compare the file versions before you install.
    Hello. How can I tell if the hotfix will downgrade my kernel? Thanks!

I dont think the hotfix will downgrade your kernel. So if you wanna give hotfix a shot, go ahead without any worries. Check you power management settings just in case as Hibernation comes under power issues. In the power management options, see whether the Use Hibernation is checked marked or not.

Ok, I will take your word for it.

I recently upgraded my ram, and that is when it started, so I'm pretty sure that this will fix it.