Thread: High physical Memory Usage in Windows 7

High physical Memory Usage in Windows 7

Hello friends i am having problems with windows 7. I am not aware why my windows 7 is using all my memory but it always remains above 78%. Can anybody help me so that i can free some memory space. Please note that i have 2GB RAM installed in my dell laptop. So please give me a suggestion so that lowering the amount of physical memory used by windows 7 is possible.

Re: High physical Memory Usage in Windows 7

i Think that if you are using only 1 or 2 or 3 gb of memory than using a 32 bit processor will be more effective. Also i think that it should run OK on 2 gb but running a 64 bit processor is not a good option i think if you want to stay on the windows 7 upgrading your memory to around 4 GB will be a better option and will solve your issue.

It seems like you are having problem with the memory resources of your system. I think there might be some processes which are running in the background so please open the taskmanager and then try to close all the programs which you did not want and check whether it helps but i am sure that this will help you.

Dr. V Guest

I have also suffered from the similar problem last week. When i left my system idle for sometime and checked the memory usage in the task manager it was using around 85% of the memory i was shocked to see this atlast i downloaded the AVG 9.0 free Antivirus and got to know that my system is affected by viruses i deleted those viruses and then my memory usage improved to some extent.

firstly i would like to thanks to all those who replied me hi friends thanks for taking the initiative for replying me. Although i am a new windows 7 user, But have used the windows XP and this was not the case with the windows XP. I have used the windows XP with as low as 256 MB of RAM but was running smoothly . I just want to know that in windows 7 which program is consuming this amount of memory as Dr. V suggested to scan the system i scanned it but the result is same so could you please help me or suggest some third party program to minimize the memory usage. thanks in advance

your problem will be solved if you use WinTools.net 9.12.1 Ultimate Edition because it takes care of all your programs that are running in the background. It also increases the performance of yoursystem because it it discards all unwantred programs from the disk drives and dead references from the window registry. Else you can also use the tuneup utilility 2009 and run it to improve your systems performance. Since it also checks all the programs whether it is required, closes it if not required also defragments the hard drive recommend you about the system settings . It takes a complete care of your system.
    Last edited by MrChris-; 06-01-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Hello friends i am having problems with windows 7. I am not aware why my windows 7 is using all my memory but it always remains above 69%. Can anybody help me so that i can free some memory space. Please note that i have 6GB RAM installed in my desctop. So please give me a suggestion so that lowering the amount of physical memory used by windows 7 is possible. my cpu runs at 1-5%. and i delete many things in my task manager and is still up!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kostas View Post
    Hello friends i am having problems with windows 7. I am not aware why my windows 7 is using all my memory but it always remains above 69%. Can anybody help me so that i can free some memory space. Please note that i have 6GB RAM installed in my desctop. So please give me a suggestion so that lowering the amount of physical memory used by windows 7 is possible. my cpu runs at 1-5%. and i delete many things in my task manager and is still up!!
    Can you go to control panel > system > advanced > (performance) settings > advanced > memory usage and from there can you set the memory usage for best performance of "System Cache". This could also be an issue with virus or malware, perform a scan on the computer. You may also try performing a system restore to a when the system was working fine.