when i open up the activation program, it says
    "The Windows 7 Ultimate product key you typed is invalid for activation."
    Then it has 3 options:
    *Buy a new product key online.
    *Type a different product key
    *Contact Microsoft to help resolve this problem

chris_rocker.

Re: Can't Activate Windows 7 with Phone

This could be a permission issue, try to type in cmd into the search field then right-click on “cmd” and select “run as admin”. Then it should work. Or you can try to Activate Windows 7 manually: by clicking on Start menu, and in the Search box you need to type : slui.exe 4. Afterwards you need to press ENTER on your Keyboard. Then you need to select your Country. After that you need to select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person. There you can re-enter your key by going to Start, type “slui.exe 3” in the search box and press enter.

Dr. V Guest

According to me the activation key you are entering is wrong one. Check the key properly and type it exactly as given to you or may be the activation key provided to you is illegal or fake one. This can happen if the copy of Windows 7 you are using is pirated one and key would also be falsely one. So, my suggestion would be to buy original and licensed version of Windows 7, which will have correct activation key with it.

If your Windows product key is invalid, if you don't have another Windows product key, or if you lost the product key that came with Windows, then in this case you have to buy a new one to activate Windows. You must activate Windows online or by phone within 30 days of installation to use every feature of Windows. Without activation you cannot use all feature of Windows7. After getting new product key if you still have the same problem then contact Microsoft to fix this problem.

As you are getting problem while inserting the Product key for your Windows 7, it may possible that you are by mistake typing the wrong product key. So, first check it. And from where you got that Product key. If you have got that with the DVD of Windows 7 then you can simply contact to the Microsoft by visiting the site of Microsoft and then solve your problem by concerning with them.