Thread: How to modify file attribute in Windows 7?

How to modify file attribute in Windows 7?

Hello Friends, I am having a small issue with the Windows 7 files and folder. I need to change the file attributes of the file and folder in Windows 7 so that i have the different permission for the different file of the folder. But the problem is that i don't how to perform the same. That is why i am here to take the help from your side. I think this the right place to raise the question regarding the Windows 7 operating system. So help me with the proper solution. Thanks in advance

Re: How to modify file attribute in Windows 7?

As per your discussion is concerned i would like to inform you that i have the same problem and i got the solution of it with the "Attribute Changer" tool. It is a free ware tool that will help to change or modify the file attribute of the multiple file and folder. This will also allow you to modify the date and timing of the same. So that you can enter date and timing of your choice. So download the same and see the working of it. That all i can help you. I hope this is much about his tool. Thanks

Thanks a lot for the replying with this software. I will use it and change the attribute of the file and folder that i wish to but the problem is that i don't know where to download the same. So please help me with the download link of the same. I think you know the better place to get application. Waiting for reply

This is a freeware so you can get it in the net easily. All you have to do is just search the Attribute Changer that is the name of the tool in the Google and there will be lots of link available for you to download the same. Look for the free download because most of the site ask for the payment. So do the same and enjoy it. I hope you will understand the feature of the same. Bye

Attribute Changer shell extension (freeware) is a power user tool to change all kind of file and folder attributes, date, time and even NTFS compression. Exif date and time information stored in digital images are easily altered with Attribute Changer. It perfectly integrates into the Windows Shell and is available with a right-click on files, folders and drives. It features an easy to use graphical user interface with lots of exciting features. You can get more info about it on techarena.in
    Last edited by monsitj; 05-01-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Hi, Even i have something which will work for the problem of the file attribute that is discussed in this section. You can also use a tool known as the "Better File Attributes. This tool allows user to make a quick change of the file attribute like the creation, modification and last accessed date of the file. After installing it just right click on the file and select the Better File Attributes option and make the changes and then click on OK and thats it. It done. So download and enjoy it. Thank you