Thread: Windows 7 can't detect SSD on first boot

Windows 7 can't detect SSD on first boot

Just few days back i had installed Windows 7 64 Bit on a 30gb SSD. It detects my SSD in my bios with Raid 1 but when I boot up into windows 7 installation CD, it would only show my other two hard drives but not my SSD. I went to bios and it was able to detects the SDD but after I exit, it won't let me boot the recovery discs or the windows 7 disc. Can any one tell me that why does my Windows 7 can't detect SSD on first boot? Do I need to do something in bios first? Or are there specific slots I need to plug my SSD in? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 can't detect SSD on first boot

Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. As long as the SSD is in the same controller as your previous HDD is, and you haven't switched to/from AHCI mode in the BIOS between cloning, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Perhaps using a more version of Acronis, or a different software altogether?

Even i used to face the similar issue on my system. The problem was when I choose it for installation it says "windows could not assign a drive letter to a partition on disk 0. The specified disk does not exist. The error occurs while preparing the partition for installation. Error code: 0x80300025"

Most SSDs thoroughly trounce traditionally HDDs because the mechanical work required to position a rotating disk head isn’t required. You can use Boot for VHD feature in your test environment or development where you want to try out different applications or devices, which is not possible in Virtual Environment. As a result, the better SSDs can perform 4 KB random reads almost 100 times faster than the typical HDD (about 1/10th of a millisecond per read vs. roughly 10 milliseconds).

Most SSDs are comprised of flash cells (either SLC or MLC). It is possible to build SSDs out of DRAM. I would have tried to non SSD drives with Windows 7 just to check out whether i'm having any drivers issue. These can be extremely fast, but also very costly and power hungry. Since these are relatively rare, we’ll focus our discussion on the much more popular NAND flash based SSDs. Future SSDs may take advantage of other nonvolatile memory technologies than flash.

For that you need to first install the OS, then your board drivers after that need to install your GPU driver and finally need to update your Windows. The first thing you do after a new install is check/set the bios! I recently had a motherboard set the cpu voltage to 1.4v when it should have been 1.24. The cpu was idling at 52c!. What's worse the cpu was on the motherboard recommended list.