Thread: Using Windows Anytime Upgrade in Windows 7

Using Windows Anytime Upgrade in Windows 7

Hi, i have a very query here and hope you guys can help me. I am new to Windows 7 and am still learning about its features.. Yesterday i heard about "Windows Anytime Upgrade". Well, not much but am little bit aware of this feature as it was also in Vista. Now i wanted to know how to use it in my Window 7 and what is actually Windows Anytime Upgrade ? Any help will be appreciated..

Re: Using Windows Anytime Upgrade in Windows 7

Windows Anytime Upgrade is the affordable way to get the Windows 7 that's right for you. is an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers for users who wish to upgrade their edition of Windows Vista or Windows 7. With Windows Anytime Upgrade, you can add new features to Windows 7 and do more with your PC. It’s easy, quick, and you’ll keep your programs, files, and settings. If you have any plan to move from Home Premium to Professional, or Professional to Ultimate, Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) is the feature you need.

Windows Anytime Upgrade can't upgrade previous versions of Windows to Windows 7. Windows Anytime Upgrade is designed only to upgrade your computer from one edition of Windows 7 to another edition of Windows 7. Here is how to use it on Windows 7 operating system:-
    • Decide whether you want to purchase the upgrade online or to go to a local retail store to buy a Windows Anytime Upgrade key.
    • Download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. It can help you determine which features and editions of Windows 7 will run on your PC.
    • On your PC, open Windows Anytime Upgrade by clicking the Start button, typing Windows Anytime Upgrade in the search box, and then clicking Windows Anytime Upgrade in the list of results.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen for online purchases or follow the instructions that came with your upgrade key.

For your information, Windows Anytime Upgrade is not made available in every Windows 7 edition and is only available in United States, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, and Japan. Using this feature will cost you as you are about to buy and upgrade to higher edition and you'll be able to see the pricing information for each edition during process.

The Windows 7 version of Windows Anytime Upgrade introduced many improvements, notably the upgrade time has been reduced to around 10 minutes, and upgrade license keys can be purchased at retail. Before using Windows Anytime Upgrade remember that once you upgrade, you can’t go back to your previous edition without doing a full reinstall. is designed only to upgrade your computer from one edition to another edition. However, you can use it to upgrade a 32-bit version to a 32-bit version or from a 64-bit version to a 64-bit version of Windows 7.