Thread: Blue Screen help: 0x000000D1 in Win7

Blue Screen help: 0x000000D1 in Win7

I just started getting this error today and ive been running Windows 7 no problem since release. I believe its my graphics card because I was playing World of Warcraft and it started lagging then it crashed. I started it back up and it did the same exact thing and a popup in the bottom right corner said something about graphics (it was too quick and I couldnt get a good read on it). I did a hard reboot and I got green dots all over my screen during the BIOS boot and quotation marks. I let my computer sit for a bit and when I turned my PC back on it booted into Win7 perfectly fine then immediately after logging in i got a 0x000000d1 blue screen and rebooted. This was the only time ive gotten that blue screen and i have yet been able to recreate it or the popup in the bottom right. I tried updating the graphics drivers but that didnt help. I really hope i dont need to replace my gfx card :<

Re: Blue Screen help: 0x000000D1 in Win7

Oh and another reason why i believe it to be my gfx card and not software: it get similar gfx issues in ubuntu.. red dots everywhere, quotation marks during boot, etc... im going to try to clean out the gfx card tomorrow after work to see if it just needs to be reseated.

Make sure that the memory modules in your computer are compatible with the chip set on your computer mainboard. Fixing a stop 0x000000D1 error is easy to do with registry repair software. For that you need to check out the following link. Trying to fix a stop 0x000000D1 error on your own can be tricky because if you remove or damage the registry it can cause severe damage to your computer. It can also be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM or a damaged pagefile. The registry needs to be cleaned and all erroneous and incomplete information removed to stop 0x000000D1 error from occurring. If you scan your computer with registry repair software it will detect the problems in your registry and safely remove them.

Well in this case please check the hardware connections first. You need to check if the Ram is connected properly. Check all the connections in the cabinet. BSOD is normally result of some bad connections or loose connections. please check your hdd & RAm first. Now just format your hdd & do a clean install. In case if you want your data back you need to take a backup before formatting your hdd.
    I hope this helps, since I had the same problem & the above directions worked for me.

As you are getting the problem in your computer regarding the Blue screen you need to have to check for you RAM. But, as you got the green dotted screen on your monitor then it is the problem of your Processor overheating. So, you need to stop starting your computer for more time and then it will work perfectly. After that it is necessary to remove all your peripherals from your computer and then reconnect it. So, make sure that all the connections are properly made while reconnecting. But, yes you need to increase you Ram size if you don't want to get this problem in future.

Dr. V Guest

I think this is a one stop error and this error tells that the system/machine attempted to access page able memory using a kernel process and IRQ that was too high. The most commonly cause of this error is a wrong/bad device drivers (one that uses incorrect addresses). And this error can also occur due to faulty or mismatched RAM or a damaged pagefile. Also check the drivers you are installing/installed is suitable/correct for Windows 7 or not. Try once by uninstalling all drivers and then re-install by new copies of drivers.

Thank you for all of your posts and thoughts on my problem. I have issues with the dots and quotes even when booting into my linux partition so I know its not a Windows issue. I know its not the ram because I tried one stick at a time and nothing changed. I havent tried changing the thermal paste on my processor so Ill give that a try in the next few days. I am also going to replace my 8800 GT with a 260 GTX and see if that fixes anything. I would try changing the hard drive but im not at my house and wont be returning there for a while so I gotta wait till one of my associates makes a trip from tijuana to los angeles so he can drop a HDD here.

In-fact I only recieved the error once and when I leave my PC off for a day or two and turn it back on i still get all the errors. I also moved the gfx card to a different pci slot and that didnt work.

Hope this helps you guys help me