Thread: Problem with Windows 7 background and display

jade Guest

Problem with Windows 7 background and display

Hey Guys!
    I have windows 7 installed on my computer and everything was well... Untill lately i can't change my desktop background anything other then solid colours... I can't keep JPG pictures as background from personalize option but i can keep the images as background if i first the image in internet explorer or mozilla firefox...! Can anyone help me? Also the display seems like i'm in safe mode...!

Re: Problem with Windows 7 background and display

Hey!
    If your screen appears like you are in safe mode, then the problem is with your display driver. Either your driver is corrupt or not installed...! Well install your display driver and see if you can make changes from personalize menu...! Check in device manager for any missing or corrupt device driver...! All the best..!

jade Guest

Hey!
    My display driver is installed and detected properly. I've checked it in the device manager and it is showing nvidia 8400hs as it should...! Well this was not the case before...! I was using Windows 7 perfectly and then suddenly things went wrong... Any help to solve this weird issue... Help Guys! Thanks...

Hey!
    Well if everything is as it should be, then you must not face any issue, but you are having some, so that means something really is wrong... Well try to repair install Windows 7 with the bootable DVD... Might be this can fix the problem... Its worth giving a try... Try it out and then post back..! All the best...!

Hey,
    I am having this same problem right now on my lap top. Widows 7 came pre-installed when i bought it, did you ever figure out what the problem was? If so can you please help me out I don't know what to do.

Turn off your Desktop Web-Graphics, and make sure the file you are putting as your background is a Bitmap file. "Display Settings" shows the graphics card settings page where you can change the monitor and resolution settings. First, try clicking on startup and say disable all, then say apply. Try restarting your computer and loading it normally, and see if it lets you get anywhere. If it does, you can go back into msconfig and start enabling startup items again until you find the one that is messing you up.

The default Windows 7 wallpaper images are located at: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper.Open this with Windows Explorer: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\ and tell me what you see?

i think your windows 7 is trial. you can try remove the trial with software. i use remove wga. download in softpedia.com

I had the same problem and here's what I did to fix the problem:
    >Control Panel>Ease of Access>Ease of Access Center>Make computer easier to see> uncheck "Remove background images(where available)