Thread: Data transfer from Usb to Usb freezes under windows 7

Data transfer from Usb to Usb freezes under windows 7

Hi. This is a kind of problem that am facing with my desktop system. I have an portable external hard disk and an Ipod. I have many media songs in my hard disk and want to transfer it to my Ipod. But the issue is that I am not able to do it. Whenever I connect the device together into my system and try to transfer the media files it freezes the system. Please help me out. What could be the problem? I use windows 7 as my operating system.

Re: Data transfer from Usb to Usb freezes under windows 7

The problem that you are not able to transfer the files from Usb to Usb could be the incompatibility of the devices with the system. As you ar usinmg windows 7 you have to check whether the devices that you are working with is able to cope up well with the system. For this you need to install the drivers for the Ipod if not installed properly. Check out for the installed drivers. This shall then help you out well.

One of the reason could be that the memory of the system may not be much and would be very less. This does happen when the temporary memory storage for the system that is RAM is not adequate and has loads of programs to be functioned it is unable to execute all together which would lead to system to get freezed. Increase the RAM and then check out for the change.

Dr. V Guest

There can be a possibility that the system may not be very well converged with the operating system that you are using. It could be that your system may need some unsophisticated operating system software that is the downgraded version of the current software you are using. Check out the compatibility of the operating system first so that you can get an idea to what kind of system does it actually require. Check out.

Troubleshooting the hardware device should help you to resolve the system problem. You need to follow certain steps to make the things to work.

* Go to the start menu.
    * Click on the control panel option.
    * Open the system information option.
    * Go to the hardware tab and click on Device manager.
    * Select the USB root hub and then choose to trouble shoot.

This should resolve the issue.

You need to uninstall the drivers for the usb devices that you have installed in the system. Then reinstall the drivers again in order to make the devices to function well enough. Go to the device manager option and select the device that is been attached to the system via USB. Then uninstall the usb drivers for the device and then by using the utility disc install the drivers for the same. This might wont let your device to freeze the system.