Thread: Sound does not work after the hibernate in Windows Vista

Sound does not work after the hibernate in Windows Vista

Hello Friend, I am having a problem with the Windows 7 hibernate. Whenever i wake my system from the hibernate then the sound of my system does not work and the volume icon is disabled for that moment. I am unable to fix this. I only have to restart the system which is of no use when i am using the hibernate. This also happens whenever i am coming from the Sleep Mode. So can any one help me that. Any help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Waiting for the reply

Re: Sound does not work after the hibernate in Windows Vista

This happens in the system having the high definition audio device. This device wont work after waking up from the hibernation or from sleep in the Windows Vista. If you to fix this problem then you need to install the "hotfix" which is officially released from the Microsoft to resolve this issue. So download it and then you no more face this problem. Thank you

To get rid of this problem you have to install the new version of the Windows Vista that have solve the bug regarding this and sound problem with hibernate or with the Sleep mode. So all you have to do is just update the Windows Vista with the Latest version of the Vista. Vista service pack already have update packet that update the OS. Just turn on the Automatic update and check for the latest update and download the new version of the OS. The newer version wont give you the problem with the Sound. Hope this much is enough to fix the problem. Thanks

Hey, I think you have to check the version of the sound driver which you are using with your system. Just go to the Control Panel and then to the Device Manager. Now click on the Sounds and look for the HD Audio It will show the name of your driver. Note that and uninstall the same. After the uninstallation restart the system and then go to the maker of the driver site and download the latest version of the same and install it on your system. That it so do the same and let me know that still you are getting the same problem. Thank you

After you resume a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep or from hibernation, a high definition audio (HDA) device may no longer work. The device may be a sound device or a modem. You may see an "X" character appear on the speaker icon in the notification area.Because of this problem, you no longer hear any sound, or you cannot use the modem. To know more about this visit the link given below that will help you to understand the problem in better way. Thank you
    Hotfixes