Thread: windows explorer stopped working

windows explorer stopped working

When I start up before anything happends it says windows explorer stopped working. This leaving me with nothing but wallpaper. So o go to safe mode with networking. At first the web was slow and everyfiles I download would be corrupt in some way. Leaving me with no way to get avast or malware bytes. And now the internet won't work at all. Also windows defender won't update and it finds nothing when I do a full scan. Im completly stuck! Also I can't do a system restore because it tells me its disabled by group policy and to contact domain admin. Its my home laptop and I'm the only user. Its a toshiba satellite with vista home premiume. It came with pc so I have no disc.

Re: windows explorer stopped working

Its look like your computer infected with virus and ur antivirus is not updated not first see task manager for unknown process end task explorer.exe then all that unknown process then from task manager browse option run malewarebytes , spybot then ccleaner all should be updated last think is install hijackthis and get log files which can help to find infected virus .

the issue is that i cant get malware bytes ect. because my computer currupts all the files.

You will have to boot the system in safe mode in order to remove the malware. When the system is booting Press F8 to get the optional menu to boot the system in safe mode. Now select safe mode and when the system is up, run the anti malware software to remove it. Once the system is free from malware, restart the computer in normal mode.