Thread: Internet always gets disconnected in Windows 7

Internet always gets disconnected in Windows 7

Hello friends whenever i try to stream a movie or download a file, My internet crashes down. I am having windows 7 on My Acer aspire laptop and i have connected it directly to the modem. I think that i am facing this problem since i have upgraded my laptop's operating system from the windows vista to the newly launched windows 7. Please help me regarding this matter and suggest some suitable solution as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Gaige; 02-01-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Re: Internet always gets disconnected in Windows 7

Firstly, I would like to know if this is the same case when you download a small sized files. I think that there is a possibility that you may have got some kind of spyware or malware that is preventing you from downloading anything. Even if that's not it's intention, it can still cause a connection to break down with the interferance. In order to get rid of it try to download the malwarebyte antimalware utility and just scan your computer this might help you in this matter.

The most probable reason behind this disconnection might be a virus or malware. I think you must run a quick scan from your laptop and try to remove all the detected viruses and try to heal them. If you do not have an Antivirus installed in your system then you can download the Avg 9.0 free edition from the internet install it and just run the quick scan. I think that this will solve your problems.

Dr. V Guest

I think that you are facing this problem due to some IP address conflicts hence to solve this issue please follow the steps mentioned below.

1. It might be caused by IP address conflicts.Make sure all the computers on your home network get a different IP address.
    2. If the problem happens when you power on the system for the first time, then make sure all computers on your network are on static IP addresses.
    3. If anyone of the machines has same IP address of the other, the newly started computers will acquires the same IP address and any one of them will be kicked out of the network.So be sure you have different IP address for your different system.

i have also faced the similar issue in the past. I don't think that you are facing this issue due to some ip address conflict. I got rid of this problem by running Ad-Aware, Spybot, and Malwarebytes. So i am bale to download some small files but still i am unable to download the large files or see youtube videos. If you get Any other ideas then please report me. Thanks in advance

Thank you for replying and suggesting me these solutions. But friends i tried running Ad-Aware, Spybot, and Malwarebytes as suggested in the above mentioned post similar to the case above i can now download small files but still unable to download some large files which i want to download immediately. I have never had this problem untill now. The only thing different now is Windows 7. Any way thanks again but still if any one of you find some other alternative then please let me know.