Thread: How to install Dual OS in desktop - XP and Windows 7

How to install Dual OS in desktop - XP and Windows 7

I am having the desktop computer with the Intel Core i7 processor and this desktop computer has the windows 7 operating system. But sound devices drivers are not compatible with the windows 7 operating system. So i want to install another operating system in this computer system, so that the sound devices work properly. I want to install another operating system in this computer system as Windows XP. How can i install the Windows 7 and Windows XP operating systems in the desktop?

Re: How to install Dual OS in desktop - XP and Windows 7

You are having the desktop computer system at your home which has the Intel Core i7 processor and it also has the 6GB of RAM Memory. This desktop computer system has the Windows 7 operating system. because of the some driver compatibility issues you also want to install the another operating system in your computer system. You want to install the Windows XP operating system in this computer system. But you are not sure that how to install another operating system in the desktop which is already having one operating system without removing the old operating system from the computer system.

You can very easily install the another operating system in this computer system which is having another operating system in the desktop. In your case you are already having the windows 7 and you want to install another operating system Windows XP. For installing the Windows Operating system in this desktop, insert the Bootable installation disc of the Windows XP operating system. The installation will start automatically. During the installation process you will get the option to select the drive in which you want to install the operating system. Select any other HDD Partition than the Windows 7. Meaning that dont install this XP OS in the partition which is already having the Windows 7 OS. Continue with the installation and finish it properly.

If you want to replace the Windows 7 Operating system with the Windows XP operating system then you can select the HDD Partition which is already having the Windows 7 operating system to install the Windows XP operating system. This will format the older operating system and install the Windows XP operating system in your computer system having the Intel Core i7 processor and the 6GB of the RAM memory.

If you want to make the default operating system to XP rather than the Windows 7 then you have to install the Windows XP in the drive partition which now having the Windows 7 OS and after than you will have to install the Windows 7 OS in some other drives of your computer system. By this the default OS of this computer system will be Windows XP. However you will be given the option during the system boot for the operating system you want to use. If you will not select any option between these two the after sometime (30 seconds) the system will automatically start with the Windows XP operating system.

You want to install the Windows XP operating system in this computer system to solve some issue related to the sound drivers with the Windows 7 Operating system. But before installing the Windows XP operating system make sure that all the drivers for the XP operating system should be available. Because i dont think that there will be the drivers available for this computer system for the windows XP computer system because this is the latest computer with the Core i7 processor. So i will suggest you to install the Windows Vista OS instead of the XP. I will also advice you that keep only one operating system in your computer system. Remove the windows 7 also. Keep only the Windows Vista Operating System.