Thread: How to install .msi file in Linux

How to install .msi file in Linux

Hi everybody,

I am using Linux RedHat in my PC. I have many software that requires Microsoft installer files. But Linux have problem that it will only open exe file. Can anything is present that install .msi files in Linux and will able to install Microsoft compatible software in Linux. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

It is easy method to install msi file in Linux, You just need to Open the terminal in RedHat Linux and Type the command : msiexec /i installer.msi , where installer.msi should be the name of your msi file. You can check with this method and reply if found any problem. Best of Luck.

I am using Data Doctor MSI to EXE Creatortool, It is is a powerful setup development environment to transform Microsoft Windows installer (.msi) setup files into executable installer (.exe) file format in just a few steps. Data Doctor MSI to EXE Creator automatically creates a .exe file from the selected .msi file and saves the converted file in safe location selected by the user. It is also provides an easy way to make a complete setup installation package (.exe) without making any changes in the original functionality and features of existing (.msi) setup file.

Last month I got wine and tried it but I got an error like: "wine: could not load camtasia.msi": Bad EXE format for Wine failed with return code 193" , Then i tried to run wine msiexec /i command on my system and add msiexec /i. I suggest you to also try this method and reply.

You can also used MSI to EXE Creator that is easy to use and professional application tool to create EXE from your Existing Microsoft .MSI Windows Installer files. It allows you to create installation packages from .MSI to .EXE extension files for your software products, with maximum ease of use and flexibility. You can download demo version from website but its full version is available at $69 at online, so you can order now for that.

I am install msi file in my linux operating system by msiexec /i programname.msi command, where programname is the name of program which you want to install in your system. It is only way to install and run msi file that is only compatible with Microsoft operating system. Check it and reply if you found issue.