Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Turning on cdfs file reader in windows7

Operating Systems

Old 31-12-2009

Turning on cdfs file reader in windows7

Currently i am using the Acer aspire 4736z laptop and also installed the Newly launched Windows 7. The problem is that it does not read the CDFS Files. Becase when i checked , I came to know that the CDFS file reader is turned off in the Windows 7. Please tell me how can i turn the CDFS file reader on in windows 7. Any help regarding this matter would be appreciated.

Old 31-12-2009

Re: Turning on cdfs file reader in windows7

First of all i would like to say that the CDFS file reader concept is a lot more older it was just used in the windows XP. But now the newer version windows like the windows vista and the windows 7 are having a new version of the cdfs file reader and that is CD burning file systems or the DVD burning file systems and lastly the LFS - Live file system. So please explain your question in more detail. So that i can give you a suitable solution to your problem.
Old 31-12-2009

According to my knowledge the CDFS stands or the "Compact Disc File System". For your kind information you don't have to turn it on or off. The driver is native to Windows and it allows any "standard" optical disc formatted according to the ISO 9660 file system to be read by your optical drive.
Old 31-12-2009

As far windows 7 is concerned i think that the file system which it supports can be of the following three types
*CD/DVD burning file systems.
*Live File Systems (LFS).
*Mastered file system (MFS).
I am not much familiar about any file reade apart from this.
Old 31-12-2009

Thanks for replying me,
Before coming to any solution see to it that i actually have 3DMAX 7 also i am trying to install that program in my laptop. It's a CDFS file and whenever i insert that CD in my removable drive, and try to open it, it won't open. I checked on internet about the problem and found nothing helpful i could not find any way to check whether it is on or off. If you can suggest me that then i can atleast know the status. This would help me in finding some solutions to my problem.
Old 31-12-2009

To check the status of the CDFS file reader you have to follow the steps mentioned below:

#Click on the start menu
#Select All programs and follow the path below
>Accessories
>System tools
>System information
>Software Environment
>System drivers
>CDFS

You will get the status of the CDFS file reader
Old 23-07-2010

I also got this problem, as Abel18. I bought language program CD which is not recognised as a CD format, information under the icon - CDFS format. I checked the status of CDFS in System Drivers, it is disabled. Is there any way to make CDFS work under Windows 7?
Old 24-07-2010

In Windows 7 CDFS is a file system which works on a CD and there is no option to make it on or off. It gets working itself when you put a CD in your system and when the computer wants to read the files on the CD. It is possible that your DVD player is died or not working. There might be some settings issue also. Run a System Restore first and then check back.
Old 24-07-2010

You need to get access well as given below:
  • Open the start menu option
  • Now go to all Programs option
  • Then you need to go to the accessories option
  • As it is been done you need to check out in system tools and then to system information
  • Then check out in software environment
  • Look for System Drivers and then CDFS
Old 25-07-2010

Thanks for reply,
I checked dvd player with another cd - it is working correctly. When I look at the minimal system requirements it says "for win 95/98/Me/NT4.0/2000/xp". Is it possible that this cd program doesn't run under Win 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep123 View Post
In Windows 7 CDFS is a file system which works on a CD and there is no option to make it on or off. It gets working itself when you put a CD in your system and when the computer wants to read the files on the CD. It is possible that your DVD player is died or not working. There might be some settings issue also. Run a System Restore first and then check back.
Old 05-02-2014

there's oil on your cd. try cleaning it. worked for me

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,