Thread: What is ccproxy.exe?

What is ccproxy.exe?

I am using Windows Xp operating system on my computer and also have Norton Internet Security 2010 installed on my computer for getting rid of Viruses. But, my computer is working very slow from some days. So, I open my task manager to see which process are running on my computer. Overthere I come to know that the process with the name as ccproxy.exe is taking about 94,000K. So, can anyone give me details about it? Is it any virus file which is slowing my computer speed?

Re: What is ccproxy.exe?

Hello, actually the ccproxy.exe is a process and it is related to your Symantec Internet Security application. This process is used when you configure sharing of your Internet. By the use of this process you will able to share your Internet connection between your home network or your office network. If you want to use your computer without any problem then you need to keep that process running on your computer. It is not any type of virus file. So, don't worry about you. If you have any type of registry error then you need to use the Registry cleaner software.

I am not having detail information about the ccproxy.exe process, but if you are having any kind of problem with this process then you can scan this file for viruses and if your antivirus find out virus in this file then you can simply delete this virus from your computer. I think it will be some kind of software process which is starting on your computer when your computer starts.

ccproxy.exe is a process which is running for your Symantec Internet Security suite. So, you need not to worry about it. This process will be used for Internet sharing setup. But, if you don't want to share your internet then it is not required to run this particular process on your computer. So, you can stop this process from running on your computer. But, I don't think that your computer is running slow due to this process. So, try to check virus infection on your computer.

If you search the file ccproxy.exe on your computer then you will able to find it in the path of C:\program files\common files\symantect shared\ccproxy.exe. If this file is get virus infected then you need to remove it. First check that this file is exist in other locations or not. If it is exist on other locations then you need to remove all those files. You can also check how many processes are running on your computer with this file name and then stop all the files and remove the files.

The process which is running on your computer regarding the ccproxy.exe is not a virus. But, it is used to setup of sharing. You can also call this process as an internet proxy server. It will be useful to provide the parental control over internet usage. It is depend on you whether to keep running this process on your computer or not. You can disable it if you dont want any type of sharing of network. But it is not any type of security risk process.