Thread: problem installing office Professional 2007 on laptop

problem installing office Professional 2007 on laptop

I am using MS office Pro trial on widows 7 operating program and have just brought the full retail version. When I insert the installation disc the program will not install, after about 5 minutes I get a message
    D:\is not a valid Win 32 application.
    The retail version I brought is certified for windows vista, I loaded on my PC which is running XP and the disc worked as should.( I did not go through with the install on the PC, I just tested the disc)
    I copied onto a external hard drive and and tried to load it from there. No go!
    I even used my product key code on the trial program but it rejected it!
    Any ideas out there would be most helpful

Re: problem installing office Professional 2007 on laptop

You are saying that you are having the problem in installing the full retail version MS Office professional 2007 in your laptop which is having the Windows 7 operating system. You are getting the error-
    D:\is not a valid Win 32 application.
    I think you are trying to install this software in the D Rive of your laptop. First of all check that you have the operating system in the C drive Or you have it in the D Drive of your laptop. If you are having the operating system in the C drive then change the path of this software during the installation. It cannot be installed on the D rive because the D Drive does not have any Win 32 application folder. The applications are mainly copied and installed in this folder by default. After this the software will be installed properly on your laptop without any issues.

Thanks for your reply, I am using D drive as my cd/dvd drive and when I install the disc the drive just hunts as if it cannot find the auto run command.
    I donot get to the stage where I can allocate where to send program and on this computer C is the drive where windows is installed.
    I think the problem is is that Windows 7 does not read the vista autorun, so I should have purchased office that is compatiable with windows 7.

I have solved the issue, it was the disc, my disc drive would not read the disc.Simply made copy of origional and used it to install office 2007.
    Thanks for your reply earlier Divasis

Kolijo

Note, that you don't used the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility, in order to remove the 2007 Microsoft Office System installation information. Maybe you should also contact your USAF IT department as they most likely know the setup and should be able to help you with your problem install. Computers and installs act and perform differently from computer to computer even if they have the same setup and hardware. Also it look like your computer might need to be update possibly or needs to be rebooted to clean up any missing files or corrupted files.

You are telling that you have bought the retail version which is certified for windows vista and in your laptop you are using Windows xp. Then how can it be possible to install the office Professional 2007 on your laptop. You are using 64 bit setup and using 32 bit operating system and that is why you are getting this error. So, either buy the version which is suitable for your xp or simply install the Windows vista on your computer.