Thread: Unable to find MSVCP70.dll

Unable to find MSVCP70.dll

Hello, I am using Windows xp operating system on my computer. And from two days when I start my computer, I get the message regarding the unable to find the MSVCP70.dll in my computer. Can anyone give me the solution to locate this file. Why this error is given to me whenever I start my computer. I am not getting any other type of error. How to fix it?

Re: Unable to find MSVCP70.dll

It is quiet simple to fix your problem regarding the MSVCP70.dll file. You just need to first download this file from the internet. Save that file in your computer. Now just copy that downloaded file to the path of windows/system32/
    Now you need to register this file. So just click on the start and then on run and type "regsvr32 *.dll". It will register your file. Done.

I am also getting the same error regarding the file which is having name as MSVCP70.dll. Whenever I start my computer or shut down it I am regularly getting the error message as "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvcp70.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again." What is the reason behind this message. Please help me to fix this problem.

Dr. V Guest

To fix your problem regarding the MSVCP70.dll file you fist need to start your computer in safe and then you need to check for following steps one by one until you will able to fix your problem.
    1. Check your Recycle bin for the file msvcp70.dll, as there may be possibility that by mistake you had delete it.
    2. Scan your computer for viruses.
    3. You can check for the System Restore.
    4. You need to install the application which is using this file.
    5. You need to Update the drivers.
    6. Roll back your all drivers.
    7. Run the sfc /scannow command from the command prompt.
    8. Install the Windows updates.
    9. Install new windows operating system.

If you are getting the error of "Unable to find msvcp70.dll" then you can make download of it and copy it to your system32 folder. Download it from the link below. It is having size of 129384 bytes.

MSVCP70.dll

You can simply download it from the internet. You will able to solve this problem if you copy this downloaded file to the folder of System 32 then you will able to solve this problem. You can get this file in your Windows xp operating system cd also. So, just locate this file and then copy that to the specified file. It will solve your problem. It is not that much major problem.