Thread: How to Stop Nv4_disp.dll

How to Stop Nv4_disp.dll

I purchased a new hd 4870 graphics card to replace my old nvidia card which was working just fine... I installed it on my windows xp computer and it works ok with certain games. But when i play some high graphics game and open high graphics application i get a blue screen of death with an error message “nv4_disp.dll". Could someone tell me how to fix this?

Re: How to Stop Nv4_disp.dll

It is possible that it can be the hd 4870 video card issue? But it seems that too many people are having this same issue and I dont think all these people are using faulty graphic cards. Goto Start > RUN > type Chkdsk C: let it run throught that program and if you get a Blue screen once its done, its your windows installiation, otherwise its just your gfx. So hope it all works out.

Nv4_disp.dll is a Dynamic Link Library file that Windows uses in conjunction with the NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver. nv4_disp.dll is a module associated with NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 66.93 from NVIDIA Corporation. If your computer relies on this driver for your current display setup, you must have a working version of this file on your computer.

I don’t think the problem lies with hd 4870 video card, try different video cards and check does it happened equally on both,does its crash for each driver. Have you download latest updates for Windows XP, and the latest official drivers for motherboard, as well as the latest BIOS version.

Did you make sure your Nvidia drivers were uninstalled before installing the new hd 4870 card? This can cause big problems if you havent done this. The nv4_disp.dll. is related to the video playing capabilities of your PC, specifically, the NVidia graphics card that is used by the majority of PC manufactures as standard OEM equipment.

Remove some of the memory modules that are installed on the computer. Leave at least the RAM that is required for the computer to start and run Windows XP. Go to your Control Panel and choose Uninstall Programs. Now find the NVIDIA Drivers and click uninstall. The program will ask you what drivers do you want to uninstall. Choose NVIDIA Display Drivers. When the program uninstalls the drivers make sure to restart your computer. After you restert your computer you can install the new drivers for the hd 4870 graphics card you have downloaded.