Thread: Partitioning hard drive to use Digital Audio

Partitioning hard drive to use Digital Audio

Hi
    I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 (X5DIJ-SX167V). I served two main functions- Work (internet, office software etc) and music (many software mix, sequencers, groovebox, audio processing etc).
    So, I thought to partition my hard drive (500 GB) and make an OS
    entirely devoted to music (no internet, no antivirus, nothing ... only music software). And the other OS will include the usual components (internet, antivirus, office ...).
    I heard GAG_MultiBoot for partitioning, I wanted to know what you think
    and if it is compatible with 7? I want to make this partitioning to really isolate the music and avoid "the music skips" or the classic "computer to crash" in full live by example. So can I use the section of a hard drive to use digital audio with one operating system and the other operating system will be for my general work.

Re: Partitioning hard drive to use Digital Audio

Hello!
    First of all you have to activate the "Administrative Tools". To do this, right click on the button "Start", "Properties". In the tab "Start Menu", "Custom" and check "System Administrative Tools". Then "Start", "Administrative Tools" "Computer Management", "Disk Management, right click on your disk and choose" Shrink Volume ". You reduce it to what you need for your new partition. And now you end up with a new unallocated partition you can format and rename.

Hi
    It seems to me that this is not what he wants (yes, for the 2nd partition). His wish is to have this 2nd partition with an OS on it and make a dual boot. Dual boot Windows + Linux, it works. 2 Windows on the same SD and even different, it seems that it works, but I have never tried it. GAG is a very good tool, but GRUB does it very well without breaking it, off-course for Windows + Linux.

Hello!
    It works with Windows Vista and Windows Seven on two different partitions: start your PC, you have the choice to launch the version of Windows that you want. You can use any of your operating system to store digital audio and the other one for your general use. But for this you have to install two operating systems first and then it would be possible.

Hello
    It works with Windows Vista and Windows Seven on two different partitions: start your PC, you have the choice to launch the version of Windows that you want.
    Ok, so two different operating systems, but it works with two Windows operating system and two licenses on the same computer, which in addition may be an OEM. I have never tried it, if you wish you can try it and see if it works fine with you.

Dr. V Guest

Hello
    A note on methodology. I am not sure of the relevance of having two different installations for the following reasons:
    - do not install antivirus seems dangerous because it implies that you will never update your system and / or your software, and you will never use the USB stick or CD or other. A simpler solution would be to disable the antivirus when you believe that the power of your CPU is reserved for your music.
    - not to install software on Windows does, to what I know, only a performance gain to boot because the registry is heavier so longer to load. Once started, the software installed does not occupy all of the resources when they are launched.
    So why pay a 2nd license, because to be within the law it will require that you purchase a 2nd windows operating system.